Subject: [hiprg] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-moskowitz-hip-rg-dex-01

From: Robert Moskowitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2010 14:49:04 -0400

I fixed up a number of things.  Cleaned up some calculations and packet 
formats.

Unless I get a lot of review, this will be what I will be presenting in 
Maastricht.

-----Original Message-----
From: IETF I-D Submission Tool [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, July 07, 2010 2:39 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-moskowitz-hip-rg-dex-01

A new version of I-D, draft-moskowitz-hip-rg-dex-01.txt has been
successfully submitted by Robert Moskowitz and posted to the IETF
repository.

Filename:	 draft-moskowitz-hip-rg-dex
Revision:	 01
Title:		 HIP Diet EXchange (DEX)
Creation_date:	 2010-07-07
WG ID:		 Independent Submission
Number_of_pages: 33

Abstract:
This document specifies the details of the Host Identity Protocol
Diet EXchange (HIP DEX).  HIP DEX is a variant of the HIP Base
EXchange (HIP BEX) [RFC5201-bis] specifically designed to use as few
crypto primatives as possible yet still deliver the same class of
security features as HIP BEX.

The design goal of HIP DEX is to be usable by sensor devices that are
code and processor constrained.  Like HIP BEX it is expected to be
used together with another suitable security protocol, such as the
Encapsulated Security Payload (ESP).  HIP DEX can also be used
directly as a keying mechanism for a MAC layer security protocol as
is supported by IEEE 802.15.4 [IEEE.802-15-4.2006].

The IETF Secretariat.