Subject: [Hipsec] I-D Action:draft-ietf-hip-over-hip-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 06:00:01 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Host Identity Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Host Identity Protocol Signaling Message Transport Modes
	Author(s)       : A. Keranen
	Filename        : draft-ietf-hip-over-hip-04.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2010-12-16

This document specifies two transport modes for Host Identity
Protocol (HIP) signaling messages that allow conveying them over
encrypted connections initiated with the Host Identity Protocol.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-hip-over-hip-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Ari Keranen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 16:22:14 +0200

Hi all,

The remaining WGLC comment on this draft was that the mobility and 
multihoming part needed clarification and there was a potential problem 
with the TCP mode and reachability checks (if the check failed with the 
TCP mode, TCP connection would have been problematic to handle since it 
would continue re-transmissions).

To fix these issues, I updated the mobility section and now it's defined 
so that the mobility UPDATE packets are never sent on top of TCP. Also, 
I added an example (appendix A) of the signaling flows with mobility and 
multihoming to clarify how it works in practice.

There's also one small normative language change when TCP connection is 
created for ESP-TCP mode (section 4.2.); it used to say that if the TCP 
connection fails and only TCP mode is accepted, one MUST close the HIP 
association, but since one may want to try something else (not defined 
here), now it's only "SHOULD".

And then there's a bunch of editorial fixes.

Cheers,
Ari

---

From: Gonzalo Camarillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 20:56:57 +0200

Hi,

Ari, thanks for putting this new revision together.

All, please review this version and let Ari know if you have further
comments. I intend to request the publication of this draft shortly.

Cheers,

Gonzalo

On 16/12/2010 4:22 PM, Ari Keranen wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> Hipsec mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/hipsec
>