Subject: [Hipsec] Robert Wilton's No Objection on draft-ietf-hip-dex-24: (with COMMENT)

From: Robert Wilton via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2021 02:26:25 -0700

Robert Wilton has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-hip-dex-24: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-hip-dex/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,

Security and constrained devices are both outside my knowledge area, but I note
that this document has been in development for a long time, and I wonder
whether the axioms under which it was originally specified are still valid, and
whether they will continue to hold to be valid in the short/medium term.  For
example, this document references the ZWAVE 500 chip, but it looks like that
technology is already being replaced by the ZWAVE 700 chip that is smaller,
faster, uses less power, and plausible looks like it has more hardware support
for crypto.  Hence, I just want to check that this specification still has
value in being published now, but I have not formal objection.

Regards,
Rob