Subject: [Hls-interest] fMP4 encrypted with AES-128

From: Peter Tseng <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 May 2020 17:02:02 -0700

@Apple

The most recent update to MacOS/iOS/tvOS broke our HLS content encrypted
with AES-128. I'm guessing the reason is that we are using fMP4 (no DRM)
instead of MPEG-TS. However, this worked before, and also works on most
players.

I noticed that the March 20, 2020 revision of the spec added, "fMP4 Media
Segments are encrypted using the 'cbcs' scheme of Common Encryption
[COMMON_ENC]." Was it your intention for fMP4 to only work with SAMPLE-AES
going forward?

---

From: Roger Pantos <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 May 2020 22:24:47 -0700

Hello Peter,

> On May 1, 2020, at 5:02 PM, Peter Tseng <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> @Apple
> 
> The most recent update to MacOS/iOS/tvOS broke our HLS content encrypted with AES-128. I'm guessing the reason is that we are using fMP4 (no DRM) instead of MPEG-TS. However, this worked before, and also works on most players.
> 
> I noticed that the March 20, 2020 revision of the spec added, "fMP4 Media Segments are encrypted using the 'cbcs' scheme of Common Encryption [COMMON_ENC]." Was it your intention for fMP4 to only work with SAMPLE-AES going forward?

No, METHOD=AES-128 is intended to work with fMP4. Please file a bug and include a sample stream and a sysdiagnose. http://feedbackassistant.apple.com <http://feedbackassistant.apple.com/>

Roger Pantos
Apple Inc.

> -- 
> Hls-interest mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/hls-interest