Subject: Re: [HOKEY] proposed wg document: draft-vidya-eap-er-02

From: "M. Vanderveen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 10:27:49 -0800 (PST)

Adoption of this draft is a good step forward.
Michaela

----- Original Message ----
From: Charles Clancy <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Sent: Monday, February 19, 2007 5:08:08 PM
Subject: [HOKEY] proposed wg document: draft-vidya-eap-er-02

HOKEY WG,

The chairs are requesting a consensus call on adoption of 
draft-vidya-eap-er-02 as a WG document to satisfy the following 
deliverables:

Feb 2007    First draft on EAP Re-authentication and Handover Keying
             Hierarchy
Mar 2007    First draft on EAP Re-authentication Protocol
Mar 2007    First draft on Protocol and Keying Hierarchy for Visited
             Domain Handovers and Re-authentication

Please respond to the list by March 5.

Bear in mind that this document would serve as a starting point for the 
main HOKEY re-authentication protocol development.  There is certainly 
still lively, ongoing discussion concerning certain key points of the 
protocol, but EAP-ER reflects much of the current consensus achieved 
both at the interim meeting, and subsequently on the list.  Many of the 
contentious points could be implemented as deltas to EAP-ER.

Proponents of alternate specific approaches are encouraged to author 
drafts concretely describing their ideas.  These by no means need to be 
complete protocol specifications, but they should at least, in a 
self-contained way, describe the contents of protocol exchanges and the 
fundamental assumptions on the lower layer protocols and security 
associations.  We can discuss these in Prague.  The -00 submission 
deadline is February 26, so if you can't meet that deadline, please 
inform the chairs so we can add it to the meeting agenda, and post your 
document to the list no later than March 12.

-- 
t. charles clancy, ph.d.  |  [email-masked]  |  www.cs.umd.edu/~clancy

_______________________________________________
HOKEY mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/hokey

____________________________________________________________________________________
Do you Yahoo!?
Everyone is raving about the all-new Yahoo! Mail beta.
http://new.mail.yahoo.com

_______________________________________________
HOKEY mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/hokey