Subject: [HOKEY] HOKEY meeting minutes

From: "Charles Clancy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 04:59:47 -0400 (EDT)

Minutes from the HOKEY WG meeting have been posted.  The chairs would like
to thank the note takers.

    http://www3.ietf.org/proceedings/07mar/minutes/hokey.txt

-- 
t. charles clancy, ph.d.  <>  [email-masked]  <>  www.cs.umd.edu/~clancy

_______________________________________________
HOKEY mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/hokey

---

From: Yoshihiro Ohba <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 13:49:16 -0400

Thank you very much for the minutes.  One clarification:

"
 - Glen:    According to various AAA RFCs, there needs to be a preshared
            key between AAA server and AAA client.  Are you trying to
            solve the problem of sharing passwords, like cisco123?  Is
            that the kind of deployment you are talking about.
 - Yoshi:   No.
"

My answer was against the use of the same shared key among multiple
authenticators.  If a distinct shared key is used for each
authenticator, it should be acceptable.  OTOH, I don't recommend use
of a password as a shared key.

Yoshihiro Ohba

---

From: Madjid Nakhjiri <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 06:00:28 -0700

"Glen:    Is EAP-ER a viable candidate for HOKEY re-authentication protocol?

   Hum for: weak
   Hum against: none"

Not negating the viability of EAP-ER as a _candidate_, the "hum-against"s
were not "none" from the corner I was sitting, given that humans do not hear
as good as rabbits (I am told, and not claiming to be a rabbit;)), may be in
the future we want to announce the results of the humms in the meeting
rather than in the minutes so everybody is on the same page.

Just clarifying, not trying to cause a big thread...

Madjid