Subject: [HOKEY] EAP-EXT method update

From: Yoshihiro Ohba <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2007 11:51:39 -0500

We have revised draft-ohba-hokey-emu-eap-ext with the following changes:

- Removed hard-coding of integrity algorithm in the specfication.  Now
integrith algorithm is carried in the message.

- Added encryption functionality with encryption algorithm negotiation

  This allows, for example, re-auth bootstrapping parameters
  such as Server-ID and Peer-ID to be encrypted within EAP-EXT method.

With respect to MSK/EMSK derivation algorithm, there was a comment in
the interim meeting to use the MSKs from all inner methods for
deriving MSK and EMSK to export.  However, I belive only using the MSK
from the last succeeded inner method is sufficient because the purpose
of cryptographic binding with respect to compound authentication
problem is to make sure that no man-in-the-middle attack is possible,
and cryptographic binding is already realized by the way currently
specified in the draft (i.e., use of last succeeded inner method key
to protect the current inner method).

Regards,
Yoshihiro Ohba

_______________________________________________
HOKEY mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/hokey