Subject: Re: [HOKEY] preauth discussion

From: Charles Clancy <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2007 00:58:36 +0100

There seems to be strong consensus for starting with Yoshi's preauth
document ...

   http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ohba-hokeyp-preauth-ps-00

... to satisfy our preauth charter item, and that a design team is not
necessary.

I propose that the authors of this document rev it to bring it in line
with the current HOKEY terminology, and then submit it as a WG document.
  Are there any objections to this proposal?

-- 
t. charles clancy, ph.d.  <>  [email-masked]  <>  eng.umd.edu/~tcc

Charles Clancy wrote:
> During the WG meeting, there seemed to be support for simply developing 
> recommendations for pre-authentication in the HOKEY working group, and 
> not an actual protocol.  Tim agrees that this could be done without 
> modifying our deliverables or milestones, given the current charter 
> wording.
> 
> Is there any objection to taking this route?
> 
> Assuming we pursue this route, are there volunteers to work on a design 
> team for developing a -00 document on pre-authentication?
> 
> Please respond by August 8th.
> 

_______________________________________________
HOKEY mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/hokey

---

From: Yoshihiro Ohba <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2007 08:43:56 -0400

Thanks.  I have no objection.

BTW, the URL of the base draft is old.  The latest URL is:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ohba-preauth-ps-01.txt

Also, several people indicated that the following draft on AAA
requirements should be merged into preauth-ps draft:

http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-nakhjiri-preauth-aaa-req-00.txt

I believe that pre-authentication AAA requirements are as important as
problem statement and the merging should happen.

Yoshihiro Ohba

---

From: Charles Clancy <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2007 14:19:06 -0400

I suggest adding section 3 of draft-nakhjiri-preauth-aaa-req into 
draft-ohba-preauth-ps, and adding Madjid as an author.  The list of 
authors on draft-ohba-preauth-ps is getting long, so I suggest moving 
them to a section in the document, and listing editors at the top.  Then 
we can submit it as a WG document.

Sound reasonable?

-- 
t. charles clancy, ph.d.  <>  [email-masked]  <>  eng.umd.edu/~tcc
adjunct professor, electrical engineering, university of maryland

---

From: Yoshihiro Ohba <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2007 17:54:59 -0400

Yes, this sounds reasonable.  The authors will work on the required
editings and submit a WG document soon.

Thanks,
Yoshihiro Ohba