Subject: [HOKEY] WGLC: re-auth problem statement

From: "Charles Clancy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2007 16:00:35 -0400 (EDT)

The updated re-auth problem statement has been posted:

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-hokey-reauth-ps-02

We're issing working group last call on this document.  Please send your
comments to the list by August 17.

--
t. charles clancy, ph.d.  <>  [email-masked]  <>  eng.umd.edu/~tcc
adjunct professor, electrical engineering, university of maryland

_______________________________________________
HOKEY mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/hokey

---

From: Madjid Nakhjiri <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2007 10:48:36 -0700

Hi Charles, 

Thanks for updating the doc. It would probably be good if we include some
text on delivery of new keys to authenticators (as part of handover) in the
problem statement section. Currently we do talk about re-auth but not
handover keying.

Madjid

---

From: Charles Clancy <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2007 00:48:43 +0100

Captured as issue 35.

When we wrote the document, it was specifically the "re-auth" problem 
statement (hence the title), and did not discuss key distribution (or at 
the time, "roaming").  In fact, all references to it in the early drafts 
were specifically removed.  And indeed, our charter deliverables do not 
include a problem statement for anything other than re-auth.

I don't have any objection to adding a paragraph to section 4 that talks 
about it.  Does anyone else feel strongly about this?  Madjid, could you 
propose some text?

---

From: Madjid Nakhjiri <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 09:19:24 -0700

Well, this is yet another surprise.
The charter deliverable 1, specifically says:

"A Problem Statement that defines the problem of re-authentication 
and key management."
And specifically has text related to handover.

As far as I remember, this draft was produced as a merger of two documents, 

>         draft-vidya-eap-reauth-ps-00
>         draft-nakhjiri-aaa-hokey-ps-03

one of which clearly was a problem statement for handover keying, and in
fact this doc was called HOKEY-ps first, so I really don't know what to say.

As for the text you are looking for, I am sure aaa-hokey-ps offers plenty..
If you still cannot find it, please let me know.

R,

Madjid
-----Original Message-----
From: Charles Clancy [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Thursday, August 23, 2007 4:49 PM
To: Madjid Nakhjiri
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [HOKEY] WGLC: re-auth problem statement

Captured as issue 35.