Subject: [HOKEY] Re: Last Call: draft-ietf-hokey-erx (EAP Extensions for EAP Re-authentication Protocol (ERP)) to Proposed Standard

From: Lakshminath Dondeti <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 11:55:00 -0800

A couple of comments to be considered as part of the last call comments:

1. Some folks from 3GPP2 (Parag Agashe, Dinesh Dharmaraju and others) 
reviewed the document and pointed out that IANA stuff needs to be 
cleaned up further.  Charles Clancy pointed out this earlier and we 
thought we caught all of them.  Specifically, the following instances 
need to edited and clarified:

Page 16: "If the lifetime flag was set in the EAP-Initiate/Re-auth
          message, the ER server SHOULD include the rRK lifetime in the
          EAP-Finish/Re-auth message."

Whereas there is a lifetime flag in the EAP-Finish/Re-auth message, the 
corresponding TLV has not been specified.

Page 24: "Authenticator Identifier: This is a TLV payload.  The Type is 
TBD "

Page 29: "cryptosuite list" TLV type assignment is not listed in the 
IANA section.

2. Katrin Hoper noted that "There might be a problem with the proposed 
usage of sequence numbers for
re-authentication, if multiple protocol sessions are initiated
_simultaneously_ by the same peer with several authenticators in range." 
  and proposed addressing that issue "by allowing a window of acceptable 
sequence numbers"

Glen supported and said that we should "add the windowing scheme to the 
draft."  (quoting slightly out of context, but Glen made his intent 
clear in an offline conversation).

+++++
We will address these issues and incorporate suggested changes in the 
next revision.  I am cc'ing Tim so he can track these before forwarding 
to the IESG.

thanks,
Lakshminath

On 1/24/2008 8:12 AM, The IESG wrote:
> The IESG has received a request from the Handover Keying WG (hokey) to 
> consider the following document:
> 
> - 'EAP Extensions for EAP Re-authentication Protocol (ERP) '
>    <draft-ietf-hokey-erx-08.txt> as a Proposed Standard
> 
> The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
> final comments on this action.  Please send substantive comments to the
> [email-masked] mailing lists by 2008-02-07. Exceptionally, 
> comments may be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please 
> retain the beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.
> 
> The file can be obtained via
> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-hokey-erx-08.txt
> 
> 
> IESG discussion can be tracked via
> https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi?command=view_id&dTag=15997&rfc_flag=0
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> IETF-Announce mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
> 

_______________________________________________
HOKEY mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/hokey