Subject: [HOKEY] RFC 5169 on Handover Key Management and Re-Authentication Problem Statement

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 15:41:33 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5169

        Title:      Handover Key Management and Re-Authentication 
                    Problem Statement 
        Author:     T. Clancy, M. Nakhjiri,
                    V. Narayanan, L. Dondeti
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       March 2008
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  [email-masked]
        Pages:      15
        Characters: 34082
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-hokey-reauth-ps-09.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5169.txt

This document describes the Handover Keying (HOKEY) re-authentication
problem statement.  The current Extensible Authentication Protocol
(EAP) keying framework is not designed to support re-authentication
and handovers without re-executing an EAP method.  This often causes
unacceptable latency in various mobile wireless environments.  This
document details the problem and defines design goals for a generic
mechanism to reuse derived EAP keying material for handover.  This memo 
provides information for the Internet community.

This document is a product of the Handover Keying Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
HOKEY mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/hokey