Subject: [HOKEY] New Version Notification for draft-ietf-hokey-key-mgm-05

From: "Hoeper Katrin-QWKN37" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 12:44:18 -0500

Hi,

I have just submitted a new version for "Derivation, delivery and
management of EAP based keys for handover and re-authentication"
<draft-ietf-hokey-key-mgm-05>.

The changes to the previous 04-version are of pure editorial kind. I
changed some terminology and reduced the scope to communications between
the EAP server and a server requesting a root key.

I would like to ask all previous contributors to the draft to check
whether they feel their content is still presented in the intended way.

Comments from the many previous contributors as well as anybody else are
highly appreciated. It would be great to get a discussion going before
the next meeting.

Best regards,
Katrin

-----Original Message-----
From: IETF I-D Submission Tool [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, February 25, 2009 11:30 AM
To: Hoeper Katrin-QWKN37
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-hokey-key-mgm-05 

A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-hokey-key-mgm-05.txt has been
successfuly submitted by Katrin Hoeper and posted to the IETF
repository.

Filename:	 draft-ietf-hokey-key-mgm
Revision:	 05
Title:		 Derivation, delivery and management of EAP based keys
for handover and re-authentication
Creation_date:	 2009-02-25
WG ID:		 hokey
Number_of_pages: 14

Abstract:
This document describes a mechanism for delivering root keys from an
Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP) server to another network
server that requires the keys for offering security protected
services, such as re-authentication, to an EAP peer.  The distributed
root key can be either a usage-specific root key (USRK), a domain-
specific root key (DSRK) or a usage-specific domain-specific root key
(USDSRK) that has been derived from an Extended Master Session Key
(EMSK) hierarchy previously established between the EAP server and an
EAP peer.  The document defines a key distribution exchange (KDE)
protocol using Remote Authentication Dial In User Service (RADIUS)
that can distribute these different types of root keys and discusses
its security requirements.

The IETF Secretariat.