Subject: [HOKEY] Topological Classification of Handover Scenarios

From: "Glen Zorn" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 07:57:52 +0700

The more I read this section the less sense it makes 8-(: it makes a big
deal (too big, IMHO) about the complexity of the AAA part of the activity,
but really AAA is just doing what AAA does: either handling authentication
requests locally (if possible) or forwarding them (if possible) to a server
that can.  It seems to me that, from an EAP POV, the only real complexity
lies in the peer discovering what (if any) credentials it possesses that
will allow successful authentication to the target network, possibly using
the procedures described in RFC 4284.  What am I missing?

~gwz

Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless
means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.
  -- Paolo Freire

---

From: Qin Wu <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 15:20:39 +0800

Hi,:
The motivation of this sub-section is to distinguish different handover Scenarios between each others, since this section is controversial,
We have two choice to reslove this issue:
a.simplify the sceanrio classfication to highlight inter-authenticator handover and inter-AAA handover
b.remove this section to avoid confusion
I prefer choice b.

Regards!
-Qin
----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Glen Zorn" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Tuesday, June 23, 2009 8:57 AM
Subject: [HOKEY] Topological Classification of Handover Scenarios

> _______________________________________________
> HOKEY mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/hokey