Subject: [HOKEY] meeting minutes of hokey meeting on Monday, July 27th

From: Tina TSOU <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 10:21:52 +0200

Hi all,

Here is the meeting minutes of hokey meeting on Monday, July 27th.

Seven people on Jabber including some physically present.

0. Glen explained that Qin was the only one to respond to call for  
agenda items

1. Tim introduced Tina as new WG Chair

2. Glen presented status for key transport draft (now in IETF Last Call)

3. Qin Wu presented status report for problem statement. No comments.

4. Qin Wu presented proposal for local domain name discovery.

Glen said would take hum later on items as a whole: should the group  
re-charter?

5. Qin Wu presented proposal for solution to EAP preauthen and early  
authen problem

Glen asked for Jabber comment. Hannes had suggested the fact that only  
one person contributed did not bode well for work of the group.

6. Qin Wu presented on possibilities for EAP-AKA optimization
Tim Polk commented that this was probably not the right group for  
method-specific work. Would have to be rejected by method-specific  
people first (emu)
. Yoshi (Jabber) fully agreed. Glen also.

7. Hokey architecture Qin Wu on behalf of Katrin
Glen: doesn't have the same view of arch. Thinks of stuff like fault  
tolerance. Feels Diameter people missing the point worrying about  
message routing. Probably won't be used a lot for mobility. Corporate  
people would love to do network authen when home server is down. Hokey  
an answer.

Simon Visikovsky ?? why a link between domains in early authen  
Scenario C? Further discussion suggested it is not used.

8. 802.21 integration, Qin presenting
Yoshi (Jabber): I am all against making 802.21/hokey integration a  
HOKEY work item. 802.21/hokey integration is being defined in 802.21a  
TG as part of its work item #1 (to define a mechanism to reduce the  
latency during authentication and key establishment for handovers  
between heterogeneous access networks that support IEEE 802.21). There  
is no need for the HOKEY WG to work on the same thing as 802.21a.  
802.21/hokey integration needs to address media-specific things, but  
IETF is not the right forum to address media-specific things. I  
suggest HOKEY people who are proposing this work item in HOKEY to  
attend 802.21a meeting first.

Tim Polk: We have to make sure we are doing complementary, not  
redundant work. If 802.21a doing it already, we shouldn't do it.  
However, we should advocate use mof the mechanisms we have devised in  
Hokey with 802.21a. We must be thoughtful before we leap forward.

Glen: was very popular on mailing list

9. NAS interactions (Tom Taylor presenting)

Samuel Mizikovsky (ALU) commented that this was a topic completely  
outside Hokey. This sort of thing is done now but is access-technology- 
dependent

B. R.
Tina
http://tinatsou.weebly.com/contact.html