Subject: [HOKEY] I-D Action:draft-ietf-hokey-key-mgm-10.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 09:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Handover Keying Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Distribution of EAP based keys for handover and re-authentication
	Author(s)       : K. Hoeper, Y. Ohba
	Filename        : draft-ietf-hokey-key-mgm-10.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2009-10-26

This document describes an abstract mechanism for delivering root
keys from an Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP) server to
another network server that requires the keys for offering security
protected services, such as re-authentication, to an EAP peer.  The
distributed root key can be either a usage-specific root key (USRK),
a domain-specific root key (DSRK) or a domain-specific usage-specific
root key (DSUSRK) that has been derived from an Extended Master
Session Key (EMSK) hierarchy previously established between the EAP
server and an EAP peer.  The document defines a template for a key
distribution exchange (KDE) protocol that can distribute these
different types of root keys using an AAA (Authentication,
Authorization and Accounting) protocol and discusses its security
requirements.  The described protocol template does not specify
message formats, data encoding, or other implementation details.  It
thus needs to be instantiated with a specific protocol (e.g.  RADIUS
or Diameter) before it can be used.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-hokey-key-mgm-10.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.