Subject: [HOKEY] [Editorial Errata Reported] RFC5296 (1961)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 17:20:57 -0800 (PST)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC5296,
"EAP Extensions for EAP Re-authentication Protocol (ERP)".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=5296&eid=1961

--------------------------------------
Type: Editorial
Reported by: Glen Zorn <[email-masked]>

Section: 10

Original Text
-------------
   Bernard Aboba    , Jari Arkko, Sam Hartman, Russ Housley    , Joe Salowey    ,
   Jesse Walker, Charles Clancy, Michaela Vanderveen, Kedar Gaonkar,
   Parag Agashe, Dinesh Dharmaraju, Pasi Eronen, Dan Harkins    , Yoshi
   Ohba, Glen Zorn, Alan DeKok, Katrin Hoeper, and other participants of
   the HOKEY working group.  The credit for the idea to use EAP-
   Initiate/Re-auth-Start goes to Charles Clancy, and the multiple link-
   layer SAs idea to mitigate the DoS attack goes to Yoshi Ohba.  Katrin
   Hoeper suggested the use of the windowing technique to handle
   multiple simultaneous ER exchanges.  Many thanks to Pasi Eronen for
   the suggestion to use hexadecimal encoding for rIKname when sent as
   part of keyName-NAI field.  Thanks to Bernard Aboba     for suggestions
   in clarifying the EAP lock-step operation, and Joe Salowey     and Glen
   Zorn for help in specifying AAA transport of ERP messages.  Thanks to
   Sam Hartman for the DSRK Authorization Indication mechanism.

Corrected Text
--------------
   Bernard Aboba, Jari Arkko, Sam Hartman, Russ Housley, Joe Salowey,
   Jesse Walker, Charles Clancy, Michaela Vanderveen, Kedar Gaonkar,
   Parag Agashe, Dinesh Dharmaraju, Pasi Eronen, Dan Harkins, Yoshi
   Ohba, Glen Zorn, Alan DeKok, Katrin Hoeper, and other participants of
   the HOKEY working group.  The credit for the idea to use EAP-
   Initiate/Re-auth-Start goes to Charles Clancy, and the multiple link-
   layer SAs idea to mitigate the DoS attack goes to Yoshi Ohba.  Katrin
   Hoeper suggested the use of the windowing technique to handle
   multiple simultaneous ER exchanges.  Many thanks to Pasi Eronen for
   the suggestion to use hexadecimal encoding for rIKname when sent as
   part of keyName-NAI field.  Thanks to Bernard Aboba for suggestions
   in clarifying the EAP lock-step operation, and Joe Salowey and Glen
   Zorn for help in specifying AAA transport of ERP messages.  Thanks to
   Sam Hartman for the DSRK Authorization Indication mechanism.

Notes
-----
Section is mis-formatted.

Instructions:
-------------
This errata is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party (IESG)
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC5296 (draft-ietf-hokey-erx-14)
--------------------------------------
Title               : EAP Extensions for EAP Re-authentication Protocol (ERP)
Publication Date    : August 2008
Author(s)           : V. Narayanan, L. Dondeti
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Handover Keying
Area                : Security
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG