Subject: [HOKEY] I-D Action:draft-ietf-hokey-arch-design-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 15:00:03 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Handover Keying Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Handover Keying (HOKEY) Architecture Design
	Author(s)       : K. Hoeper, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-hokey-arch-design-01.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2010-10-25

The Handover Keying (HOKEY) Working Group seeks to minimize handover
delay due to authentication when a peer moves from one point of
attachment to another.  Work has progressed on two different
approaches to reduce handover delay: early authentication (so that
authentication does not need to be performed during handover), and
reuse of cryptographic material generated during an initial
authentication to save time during re-authentication.  A starting
assumption is that the mobile host or "peer" is initially
authenticated using the Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP),
executed between the peer and an EAP server as defined in RFC 3748.

This document documents the HOKEY architecture.  Specifically, it
describes design objectives, the functional environment within which
handover keying operates, the functions to be performed by the HOKEY
architecture itself, and the assignment of those functions to
architectural components.  It goes on to illustrate the operation of
the architecture within various deployment scenarios that are
described more fully in other documents produced by the HOKEY Working
Group.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-hokey-arch-design-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.