Subject: [homegate] Homegate Workshop Location Question

From: Jason Livingood <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 11:30:27 -0500

For the upcoming workshop (http://event.pingg.com/HomeGateLondonMtg) we have
been planning on London.  However, someone has generously offered to provide
no-cost (yes, free) meeting space for us in Paris as an alternative.  Since
the London location expenses are likely to run between $10,000 and $20,000,
we are considering this kind offer  though certainly no change in plan has
yet been made.

So, for those of you who have indicated you¹d like to attend, if the meeting
took place in Paris instead of London, would this prevent you from
attending?  IF SO, please email me privately off-list (as well as the other
gentlemen on the cc list).

Thank you and enjoy your weekend,
Jason

---

From: Marshall Eubanks <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 11:59:47 -0500

Dear Jason;

Would that be for the same dates ?

Regards
Marshall

On Mar 12, 2010, at 11:30 AM, Jason Livingood wrote:

> For the upcoming workshop (http://event.pingg.com/HomeGateLondonMtg)  
> we have been planning on London.  However, someone has generously  
> offered to provide no-cost (yes, free) meeting space for us in Paris  
> as an alternative.  Since the London location expenses are likely to  
> run between $10,000 and $20,000, we are considering this kind offer  
> – though certainly no change in plan has yet been made.
>
> So, for those of you who have indicated you’d like to attend, if the  
> meeting took place in Paris instead of London, would this prevent  
> you from attending?  IF SO, please email me privately off-list (as  
> well as the other gentlemen on the cc list).
>
> _______________________________________________
> homegate mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/homegate

---

From: Mark Townsley <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 18:17:00 +0100

On 3/12/10 5:30 PM, Jason Livingood wrote:
> run between $10,000 and $20,000, we are considering this kind offer – 
> though certainly no change in plan has yet been made.
Wouldn't be *zero* as we'll have to come up with money for food and such 
if we want to do any breakfast & lunch catering or any social events 
(team building is important!), and there may be some small 
administration costs, but the facilities themselves will be free in that 
it will be on site at cisco's office here. If indeed we can have it in 
Paris, I need to know and to have a headcount asap so that I can hold 
the rooms.

I'd guess a reg fee of between 50 and 100 EUR. I can know more next week 
if, indeed, Paris is a realistic option vs. London at this late stage in 
travel planning.

Thanks!

- Mark
> meeting took place in Paris instead of London, would this prevent you 
> from attending? /IF SO, please email me privately off-list (as well as 
> the other gentlemen on the cc list).
> /

---

From: Jason Livingood <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 14:03:03 -0500

Yes, same dates.

On 3/12/10 11:59 AM, "Marshall Eubanks" <[email-masked]> wrote:

>> So, for those of you who have indicated you¹d like to attend, if the