Subject: [homegate] New Workshop Date -- Doodle Poll Open

From: Jason Livingood <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 10:18:21 -0400

Please vote now to indicate your availability:

http://www.doodle.com/qgmv4z6zzavaxuhv

Thanks
Jason

---

From: Ole Troan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 16:38:37 +0200

> http://www.doodle.com/qgmv4z6zzavaxuhv

doesn't look good so far. I know I'm pretty much away on travels / holidays from end of May until IETF.

what about co-locating it with RIPE60? e.g Tuesday is IPv6 there, so do Wednesday and Thursday, RIPE week.

alternatively if we can't find a way to meet in person, do a set of videoconferences / mailing list work before the IETF meeting.

cheers,
Ole

---

From: Mark Baugher <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 08:35:06 -0700

I fat-fingered the web page and did not correctly indicate that I could make the NYC meeting in May if need be.  It is expensive for non-Europeans who are going to attend the IETF meeting to travel to Europe for another two day meeting the month before the IETF meeting.   I understand that many IETF participants will want to hold the meeting the week after the IETF meeting, however, and this further postpones the meeting.  Have we considered a network meeting?

Mark

On Apr 20, 2010, at 7:18 AM, Jason Livingood wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> homegate mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/homegate

---

From: "Stephen [kiwin] PALM" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 08:43:55 -0700

Agree that a web/networking meeting would be better for a first meeting.
The goals and scope are so vague now that it is hard to justify...

Mark Baugher wrote:
> I fat-fingered the web page and did not correctly indicate that I could 
> make the NYC meeting in May if need be.  It is expensive for 
> non-Europeans who are going to attend the IETF meeting to travel to 
> Europe for another two day meeting the month before the IETF meeting.   
> I understand that many IETF participants will want to hold the meeting 
> the week after the IETF meeting, however, and this further postpones the 
> meeting.  Have we considered a network meeting?
> 
> Mark
> 
>> [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>

-- 
Stephen [kiwin] Palm   Ph.D.                          E:  [email-masked]
Technical Director                                    T: +1-949-926-PALM
Broadcom Broadband Communications Group               F: +1-949-926-7256
Irvine, California                               W: http://www.kiwin.com
Secondary email accounts:  [email-masked]  [email-masked]
[email-masked]  [email-masked]  [email-masked]  [email-masked]

---

From: Jason Livingood <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 10:05:43 -0400

Our last try turned up lots of issues.  So we have added some location
variety as well as additional dates.  This one will hopefully be our final
poll - we really need to lock in a new date.

So please take a few more moment of your time at vote at:
http://www.doodle.com/mwwhy9tuny2zmbef

Thanks for your continued patience,
Jason

---

From: "Stephen [kiwin] PALM" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 07:09:30 -0700

Is there a telephonic/network option?

---

From: Jason Livingood <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 10:15:40 -0400

We wish to strongly encourage F2F participation, since that produces the
most valuable interaction.  However, we will strive to have a conference
bridge and/or WebEx.

Jason