Subject: [homegate] Meeting Cancelation Due to Volcanic Ash Travel Disruptions

From: Jason Livingood <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 11:06:16 -0400

Much of Europe is currently experiencing severe travel restrictions
resulting from a drifting ash cloud from a volcanic eruption at the
Eyjafjallajokull glacier in Iceland that are expected to last at least
throughout the coming weekend.

Consequently, we have decided to ***CANCEL*** the IETF HomeGate Workshop
originally planned to be held in Paris, France on April 20-21. We are
extremely sorry for canceling this event at the very last minute, but we
believe that a large number of attendees will be prevented from attending or
may become stranded en route.

The intent is to quickly find another suitable time and location, so that
the meeting can occur before the next IETF meeting in Maastricht (July
25-30). Registration fees will be refunded as soon as that can be arranged
with the IETF secretariat (or will be credited towards attendance to the
replacement workshop, when appropriate.)

Again, we are extremely sorry for the late cancelation, but we do believe
this to be the best option at this time.

Regards
Jason

---

From: "Eric Vyncke (evyncke)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 22:08:19 +0200

BTW, week after the IETF will be better for me as the week before is often hectic...

Anyway, this is a sensible decision

-éric

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Jason Livingood
Sent: vendredi 16 avril 2010 17:06
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [homegate] Meeting Cancelation Due to Volcanic Ash TravelDisruptions
Importance: High

Much of Europe is currently experiencing severe travel restrictions resulting from a drifting ash cloud from a volcanic eruption at the Eyjafjallajokull glacier in Iceland that are expected to last at least throughout the coming weekend.

Consequently, we have decided to ***CANCEL*** the IETF HomeGate Workshop originally planned to be held in Paris, France on April 20-21. We are extremely sorry for canceling this event at the very last minute, but we believe that a large number of attendees will be prevented from attending or may become stranded en route.

The intent is to quickly find another suitable time and location, so that the meeting can occur before the next IETF meeting in Maastricht (July 25-30). Registration fees will be refunded as soon as that can be arranged with the IETF secretariat (or will be credited towards attendance to the replacement workshop, when appropriate.)

Again, we are extremely sorry for the late cancelation, but we do believe this to be the best option at this time.

Regards
Jason

---

From: Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 20:13:47 +0300

I was wondering if we should select new dates for the workshop. For 
instance, I would personally be fine doing this sometime in May at the 
same location. I have a few other things (such as the IESG retreat) in 
May as well, but I would suggest a doodle poll for the participants so 
that we could pick dates.

Jari

---

From: "Heather Kirksey" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 12:41:46 -0500

I'm certainly happy with the same location (despite currently being
stuck here indefinitely...yes I got here before the volcanic ash cloud),
assuming Cisco is willing to continue its generosity.

But given the timeframes, my May is already booked up, including with
meetings with two of the invited organizations (BBF and UPnP). I'm
guessing lots of other people will be in this boat, since May itself is
not far off at this point.  And many corporations have rules around
international travel, generally expecting it to be booked a month in
advance, which will be hard to do for May.

I'd suggest June, perhaps even July, dates....

Heather

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of Jari Arkko
Sent: Monday, April 19, 2010 12:14 PM
To: Jason Livingood
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [homegate] new meeting dates (and location?)

Jari

_______________________________________________
homegate mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/homegate

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 17:44:43 +0000

may would be fine.  I'd prefer to not make -three- trips to Europe
in May - so I would prefer - 06-8may in Prauge.

--bill

---

From: "Duncan Bees" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 10:50:56 -0700

HGI constraints:

Smart Energy meeting Madrid May 20-21

Quarterly HGI meeting Tapei June 14-18 

Regards
Duncan

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
Of Heather Kirksey
Sent: April-19-10 10:42 AM
To: Jari Arkko; Jason Livingood
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [homegate] new meeting dates (and location?)

Heather

-----Original Message-----

Jari

---

From: Jaime Fink <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 11:13:41 -0700

IMHO May is too soon for a re-plan for both flight costs, and eating up an
entire week due to travel times.

Cheers,

Jaime

---

From: Marc Blanchet <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 14:31:20 -0400

how about another doodle?

marc.

-- 
=========
IPv6 book: Migrating to IPv6, Wiley. http://www.ipv6book.ca
Stun/Turn server for VoIP NAT-FW traversal: http://numb.viagenie.ca
DTN news service: http://reeves.viagenie.ca
NAT64-DNS64 Opensource: http://ecdysis.viagenie.ca

---

From: "Eric Vyncke (evyncke)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 15:00:57 +0200

With dates in June please (early-May too early, July already vacation period and too close to the IETF)

Doodle is a good suggestion indeed

-éric

> Of Marc Blanchet
> Sent: lundi 19 avril 2010 20:31
> To: [email-masked]

---

From: Jason Livingood <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 09:22:02 -0400

We will do so shortly.