Subject: [homegate] Meeting Suggestion(s)

From: "IPv3.com" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 12:58:07 -0500

It was noted in some of the pre-meeting notes, BOF materials, etc.
that the spirit of the
HomeGate events was to encourage Diversity of Discussion from
inventors, developers, vendors, etc.
It did not appear to be an IETF-only or even IETF-centric activity.
That was attractive.

There are two annual venues (both in Las Vegas) that may work in the future.
One is the up-coming InterOP event. The other is the annual CES -
Consumer Electronics Show event in January.

The PC---C@T---N@T---NET architecture for the HomeGate may eventually
be released.
That will not happen in an IETF-centric venue.

jf

---

From: Paul Hoffman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 11:12:51 -0700

>It did not appear to be an IETF-only or even IETF-centric activity.

That is a mis-reading of the material. This has always meant to be leading to an IETF activity.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--VPN Consortium