Subject: [homegate] Travel Advisory re Workshop

From: Jason Livingood <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 15:06:36 -0400

Due to volcanic ash, flights across Europe are expected to be disrupted for
several days.  We¹re keeping an eye on this.  Let us know if you foresee any
disruptions to your travel plans (looks like mine may have to be changed to
make Tuesday).

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/world/la-fg-0416-france-iceland-volc
ano-20100416,0,4450514.story

Jason

---

From: Jason Livingood <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 15:17:56 -0400

At the moment, we¹re trying to determine whether it will still be possible
to have most attendees at the meeting. Please check your travel booking
IMMEDIATELY to see if this will be a problem for you.  If so, please advise
ASAP so we can decide if we need to make any changes.

Regards
Jason

On 4/15/10 3:06 PM, "Jason Livingood" <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/world/la-fg-0416-france-iceland-volcan
> o-20100416,0,4450514.story
> 
Jason

---

From: Jaime Fink <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 12:21:48 -0700

As of now, US carriers are only cancelling today¹s flights to Europe, and
flights originating from Europe to US tomorrow.  They¹re not predicting on
flights to Europe on Sat or Sun at this time but hoping it subsides.
Unfortunately you just won¹t know till the day of your flight or possibly
day before.

Cheers,

Jaime Fink
Chief Technology Officer | +1.415.692.1776
2Wire | 1704 Automation Parkway, San Jose, CA 95131 USA

2Wire, Inc. Company Confidential.  The information contained in this message
may be privileged and/or confidential.  If the reader of this message is not
the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering
this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly
prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify
us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your
computer.

On 4/15/10 12:17 PM, "Jason Livingood" <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> At the moment, we¹re trying to determine whether it will still be possible to
> have most attendees at the meeting. Please check your travel booking
>> http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/world/la-fg-0416-france-iceland-volca
>> no-20100416,0,4450514.story
>> 
> Jason
> 
> _______________________________________________
> homegate mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/homegate

---

From: Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 09:01:25 +0300

Today's news here in Finland are saying that the cloud is likely to stay 
in place "several days", based on weather predictions. This is the 
prediction for Finland, situation in central Europe can be different. 
Our airspace is closed until Saturday at the moment.

Based on this I'd say there is some risk of disturbances still on Sunday 
and Monday when most of us would travel. (I personally don't mind taking 
that risk. YMMV. But of course we want to know as soon as possible if 
someone who is coming to the meeting is actually prevented from coming. 
The point of the meeting is to meet the others, of course.)

Jari