Subject: [homegate] Minor Updates to Agenda and Charter

From: Jason Livingood <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 13:01:43 -0400

We¹ve made some minor updates, which you can now find at
http://trac.tools.ietf.org/area/tsv/trac/wiki/HomeGate

UPDATED AGENDA:
Date: Wednesday, July 28, 2010 Time: 0900  1015 local time Location: 0.4
Brussels 
1 - Expected Attendance: 75 People
2 - Number of sessions: 1
3 - Length of sessions: 1 Hour 15 Minutes
4  Agenda: 
09:00  09:05     Blue Sheets, Agenda Bashing - Ray
09:05  09:10     Review of Goals of BoF - Jason and Selected Area Directors
09:10  09:45     Review of Charter - Jason
09:45  10:00     Discussion of Concerns from Other SDOs / Potential Overlap
- Ray 
10:00  10:15     Final Discussion of Charter & How and Whether to Proceed
with Homegate - Jason, Ray, Mark, Dave, Area Directors

UPDATED CHARTER  ADDITION:
Proposals for adopting work in HomeGate must contain an evaluation of how it
relates to existing and planned work in related SDOs, and justify why the
IETF, and particularly the HomeGate working group, is the appropriate venue
for the associated specifications. Proposals for adopting work in HomeGate
must contain an evaluation of how the work relates to existing and planned
work in the related SDOs and those SDOs given an opportunity to comment on
the proposal before adoption by the working group. Proposals must clearly
justify why the IETF, and particularly the HomeGate working group, is the
appropriate venue for the associated specifications.

UPDATED CHARTER  CHANGE (in bold):
Proposed Deliverables and Priorities: The working group works to improve the
networking experience for the user of home gateways. The group has the
following work items:

1. A recommendations and guideline document for implementation of basic,
mandatory functionality for IPv4-only home gateways (BCP)
2. A recommendations and guideline document for implementation of basic,
mandatory functionality for dual-stack (IPv4 and IPv6) home gateways (BCP)

Thanks
Jason and Ray

---

From: Paul Hoffman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 09:44:29 +0200

At 1:01 PM -0400 7/26/10, Jason Livingood wrote:

1. A
recommendations and guideline document for implementation of
basic, mandatory functionality for IPv4-only home gateways
(BCP)

2. A
recommendations and guideline document for implementation of
basic, mandatory functionality for dual-stack (IPv4 and IPv6) home
gateways (BCP)

#1 doesn't seem like a BCP.

--Paul Hoffman, Director

--VPN Consortium