Subject: [homenet] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-mglt-homenet-front-end-naming-delegation-01.txt

From: Daniel Migault <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2012 23:21:15 -0500

Hi,

Please find the updated version of the draft. Sorry for for the late
posting.

Best Regard,
Daniel

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, Nov 6, 2012 at 11:10 AM
Subject: New Version Notification for
draft-mglt-homenet-front-end-naming-delegation-01.txt
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked],
[email-masked]

A new version of I-D, draft-mglt-homenet-front-end-naming-delegation-01.txt
has been successfully submitted by Daniel Migault and posted to the
IETF repository.

Filename:        draft-mglt-homenet-front-end-naming-delegation
Revision:        01
Title:           IPv6 Home Network Front End Naming Delegation
Creation date:   2012-11-06
WG ID:           Individual Submission
Number of pages: 17
URL:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mglt-homenet-front-end-naming-delegation-01.txt
Status:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mglt-homenet-front-end-naming-delegation
Htmlized:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-mglt-homenet-front-end-naming-delegation-01
Diff:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-mglt-homenet-front-end-naming-delegation-01

Abstract:
   CPEs are designed to provide IP connectivity to the Home Network.
   Most of the CPEs are also providing the IP addresses of the nodes of
   the Home Network.  This makes CPEs good candidates for hosting the
   Naming Service that would make devices reachable from the Home
   Network but also from the Internet.

   CPEs have not been designed to host a Naming Service reachable from
   the Internet.  This would expose the CPEs and the Home Network to
   resource exhaustion which would result in making the Home Network
   unreachable, and most probably would also affect the Home Network
   inner communications.

   This document describes an Front End Naming Architecture where the
   CPEs manage the DNS(SEC) zone for its Home Network, and outsource the
   zone to Public Server for resolution coming from the Internet.

   The goal of the document is first to describe a Naming Architecture
   that fulfills Home Network Naming requirements without exposing the
   CPE to resource exhaustion.  Then we intend the CPEs to be easily
   configured by the End Users, and describe the necessary information
   the End User is expect to provide to the CPE.

The IETF Secretariat

-- 
Daniel Migault
Orange Labs -- Security
+33 6 70 72 69 58