Subject: [homenet] multiple upstreams for igmp/mld proxy

From: Hitoshi Asaeda <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2013 11:43:18 +0900 (JST)

Hi,

I've been working in PIM WG and submitted a draft describing multiple
upstream interface support for IGMP/MLD proxy.
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-asaeda-pim-mldproxy-multif-01

The abstract is as follows;

   This document describes the way of supporting multiple upstream
   interfaces for an IGMP/MLD proxy device.  The proposed extension
   enables that an IGMP/MLD proxy device receives multicast packets
   through multiple upstream interfaces.  The upstream interface is
   selected with manually configured supported address prefixes and
   interface priority value.  A take-over operation switching from an
   inactive upstream interface to an active upstream interface is also
   considered.

In the last PIM WG meeting, I got a comment that Homenet WG may be
interested in this feature.
If someone in this group would be interested in this feature, please
kindly take a look at this draft and give us comments.
(It'd be better to post your comments for this draft to PIM ML, but if
you don't subscribe PIM ML, please directly mail me your comments. I
can then reply and copy to PIM ML if needed.)

Thank you.

Regards,
--
Hitoshi Asaeda