Subject: [homenet] I-D Action: draft-ietf-homenet-hncp-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2014 02:21:55 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Home Networking Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Home Networking Control Protocol
        Authors         : Markus Stenberg
                          Steven Barth
	Filename        : draft-ietf-homenet-hncp-01.txt
	Pages           : 28
	Date            : 2014-06-25

Abstract:
   This document describes the Home Networking Control Protocol (HNCP),
   a minimalist state synchronization protocol for Homenet routers.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-homenet-hncp/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-homenet-hncp-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-homenet-hncp-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Markus Stenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2014 12:28:06 +0300

Changelog text:

draft-ietf-homenet-hncp-01: Added (MAY) guest, ad-hoc, hybrid	
 	   categories for interfaces.  Removed old hnetv2 reference, and now	
 	   pointing just to OpenWrt + github.  Fixed synchronization algorithm	
 	   to spread also same update number, but different data hash case.	
 	   Made purge step require bidirectional connectivity between nodes when	
 	   traversing the graph.  Edited few other things to be hopefully	
 	   slightly clearer without changing their meaning.

I also bumped the SD draft with minor edits, and PA draft will be updated soon by Pierre P.

Finally, there will be preliminary separate security draft on how to really secure HNCP hopefully by the deadline too.

Cheers,

-Markus