Subject: [homenet] Document Action: 'IPv6 Home Networking Architecture Principles' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-homenet-arch-17.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2014 10:19:00 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'IPv6 Home Networking Architecture Principles'
  (draft-ietf-homenet-arch-17.txt) as Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Home Networking Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Ted Lemon and Brian Haberman.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-homenet-arch/

Technical Summary

  The goal of this document is to define a general architecture
  for IPv6-based home networking, describing the associated
  principles, considerations and requirements.  The text briefly
  highlights specific implications of the introduction of IPv6 for
  home networking, discusses the elements of the
  architecture, and suggests how standard IPv6 mechanisms
  and addressing can be employed in home networking.  The
  architecture describes the need for specific protocol
  extensions for certain additional functionality.  It is assumed
  that the IPv6 home network is not actively managed, and
  runs as an IPv6-only or dual-stack network.  There are no
  recommendations in this text for the IPv4 part of the network.  

Working Group Summary
 
  The general architectural principles appear to be well supported
  and understood.  Whilst there have been some controversial
  discussions within the WG, those have tended to be around
  potential future implementation decisions rather than with the
  architecture as a whole.

Document Quality

  There have been two formal WG last calls, with a substantial number
  of reviewers. 

Personnel

Ray Bellis is shepherd; Ted Lemon is responsible AD.