Subject: [homenet] I-D Action: draft-ietf-homenet-naming-architecture-dhc-options-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2014 00:18:05 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Home Networking Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : DHCP Options for Homenet Naming Architecture
        Authors         : Daniel Migault
                          Wouter Cloetens
                          Chris Griffiths
                          Ralf Weber
	Filename        : draft-ietf-homenet-naming-architecture-dhc-options-00.txt
	Pages           : 24
	Date            : 2014-09-18

Abstract:
   CPEs are usually constraint devices with reduced network and CPU
   capacities.  As such, a CPE hosting on the Internet the authoritative
   naming service for its home network may become vulnerable to resource
   exhaustion attacks.  One way to avoid exposing CPE is to outsource
   the authoritative service to a third party.  This third party can be
   the ISP or any other independent third party.

   Outsourcing the authoritative naming service to a third party
   requires setting up an architecture which may be unappropriated for
   most end users.  To leverage this issue, this document proposes DHCP
   Options so any agnostic CPE can automatically proceed to the
   appropriated configuration and outsource the authoritative naming
   service for the home network.  This document shows that in most
   cases, these DHCP Options make outsourcing to a third party (be it
   the ISP or any ISP independent service provider) transparent for the
   end user.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-homenet-naming-architecture-dhc-options/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-homenet-naming-architecture-dhc-options-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/