Subject: [homenet] hncp-security-trust

From: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2014 17:04:10 -0500

section 6.3.3 contemplates sending out verdicts for a period of time
until a decision can be rendered, giving up after 10 minutes.

I think, that since hncp is using trickle, it can just rely on trickle saying
that we haven't got any new information, so just don't say anything.

I assume that the trust verdicts would be distributed by hncp, but the
documenet doesn't seem to say so.

-- 
Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>, Sandelman Software Works
 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-

---

From: Steven Barth <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2014 23:45:58 +0100

> documenet doesn't seem to say so.
Yes, they are. The idea was too limit them in some way since neutral 
verdicts can be created by (unusuccessful) external connection attempts 
and thus it must be avoided that established node's node data is 
cluttered with too many neutral verdicts over time.