Subject: [homenet] Getting ready for Dallas

From: Mark Townsley <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2015 22:12:22 +0100

Howdy Y'all,

Ray and I would like to move forward with a few actions.

1. Last call on draft-ietf-homenet-prefix-assignment
<https://tools.ietf.org/wg/homenet/draft-ietf-homenet-prefix-assignment/>.
The fundamental mechanism documented here dates back as far as Oct 2011 (
draft-arkko-homenet-prefix-assignment-00), and has gone through quite a bit
of review and refinement. There are at least two open source
implementations, one in OSPF and the other HNCP.  Last call will commence
officially in the coming days (watch for the notice in the datatracker).

2. Move draft-stenberg-homenet-dnssd-hybrid-proxy-zeroconf
<https://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-stenberg-homenet-dnssd-hybrid-proxy-zeroconf-02.txt>
to
a Homenet WG document. This document is essentially a homenet application
of draft-ietf-dnssd-hybrid
<https://tools.ietf.org/wg/dnssd/draft-ietf-dnssd-hybrid/>, which is being
advanced within the dnssd WG. There is at least one open source
implementation, and the document has been presented and reviewed multiple
times.

3. We would like to call for review of draft-ietf-homenet-dncp
<https://tools.ietf.org/wg/homenet/draft-ietf-homenet-dncp/> in preparation
for Last Call by Dallas. This -00 document is the result of a document
reorg and generalization of functionality from HNCP. There is at least one
open source implementation available.

4. We would like to call for reivew of
draft-ietf-homenet-naming-architecture-dhc-options
<https://tools.ietf.org/wg/homenet/draft-ietf-homenet-naming-architecture-dhc-options/>
 and draft-ietf-homenet-front-end-naming-delegation
<https://tools.ietf.org/wg/homenet/draft-ietf-homenet-front-end-naming-delegation/>
in
preparation for Last Call by Dallas. These documents have been presented
numerous times, with comments integrated.

5. draft-ietf-homenet-hncp
<https://tools.ietf.org/wg/homenet/draft-ietf-homenet-hncp/> should contain
solely the Homenet-specific application of DNCP and PA, as well as
discussion on routing. This document will remain open until the "Routing
Protocol" question is resolved, which will be the main focus of Dallas
(alongside any review comments from the above 4 actions). To assist in that
discussion, Margaret has been working with ISIS and babel experts to pull
together a document which you may have seen posted as a -00 a few days ago
if you were watching very carefully. Unfortunately, this -00 was a bit
premature, and the authors have promised a -01 very soon. Please note that
this document is not a representation of consensus among the authors, and
is not the out put of a design team, but simply a collection of facts,
observations, and points of view by the authors in order to facilitate
discussion. Expect an email to the list once the -01 document has been
published by Margaret (within days if not hours).

Finally, please get ready for a lively discussion on list and in Dallas.
Don't hold back! And, If you want agenda time in Dallas, please make Ray
and I aware.

Thanks!

- Mark