Subject: [homenet] A poll, redux

From: Dave Taht <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2015 07:28:06 +0200

Back in February I had distributed a basic poll about what sorts of technologies
were common in the home, and got back about 25 results from ietfers.

http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/homenet/current/msg04724.html

Lest the complexity of those networks be written off as a geekisms, I also
ran the same poll past everybody I met for the following month. It was
astonishing how many had many wifi devices (tivos, ipods, iphones,
androids, connected audio receivers of various sorts, telephones
(notably republic wireless), home automation systems), extenders (both
wifi and powerline), and how few, had ethernet except where wifi
bugged them.

Most did not know what ipv6 was. Most had systems that were obviously
double-natted, also.

-- 
Dave Täht
worldwide bufferbloat report:
http://www.dslreports.com/speedtest/results/bufferbloat
And:
What will it take to vastly improve wifi for everyone?
https://plus.google.com/u/0/explore/makewififast

---

From: Toerless Eckert <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2015 05:21:23 -0700

Would the insight into existing deployments enable you to suggest
the most likely required topologies wherre the benefits of babel would play off ?

Cheers
    Toerless

On Wed, Jul 29, 2015 at 07:28:06AM +0200, Dave Taht wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> homenet mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/homenet

-- 
---
Toerless Eckert, [email-masked]