Subject: [homenet] draft-lv-homenet-service-centric-architecture-00

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 2015 18:18:14 +0800

Dear all,

We just submitted a new draft "Service Centric Networking Architecture for Smart Homes".This draft is a work item of the Home Networking Working Group of the IETF. 
It will be great that if we can present the results from this draft during IETF in Prague. 

We are looking forward to your comments. Following is the information of our draft.

    Title               : Service Centric Networking Architecture for Smart Homes
    Authors         : Bo Lv
                             Yue Jia
                             Min Liang
                             Haiyong Xie
    Filename      : draft-lv-homenet-service-centric-architecture-00
    Pages           : 11
    Date              : 2015-07-06

Abstract

   We propose a general service centric homenet architecture, which can
   handle the diversity of devices, services, applications and context.
   Especially, we focus on building an overall home network topology,
   routing and naming structures, to fit SCN into a home network.  In
   the future, we will discuss homenet caching, mobility and security in
   details.

Introduction

   Many researchers believe that the legacy IP network architecture is
   not suitable for Internet of Things due to IPv4 address depletion and
   various concerns such as security, overhead and efficiency.  Smart
   home networking is a special scenario of Internet of Things.  We
   believe that the legacy IP network architecture is not suitable.
   Inspired by the recently proposed concept of the content centric
   network, we strongly believe that a simpler but more appropriate
   networking architecture is necessary and important for the success of
   homenets.

   In the homenet, the networked devices have heterogeneous ways of
   connecting to the Internet, often with severe resource constraints
   and many of which are mobile.  Interactions between the applications
   and devices are often real-time and dynamic, requiring strong
   security and privacy protections.  In order to address these
   challenges, we propose a service-centric networking architecture to
   achieve efficient, secure, and reliable networking services for smart
   homes.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-lv-homenet-service-centric-architecture/

Best regards.
Yue Jia

---

From: Mark Townsley <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2015 16:18:25 +0200

Homenet (IETF) is not chartered to investigate ICN-based solutions, but
perhaps icnrg (IRTF) may be.

Thanks,

- Mark & Ray

On Wed, Jul 8, 2015 at 12:18 PM, <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> We just submitted a new draft "Service Centric Networking Architecture for
> Smart Homes".This draft is a work item of the Home Networking Working Group
> of the IETF.
> _______________________________________________
> homenet mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/homenet
>
>