Subject: [homenet] althea presentation on isp in a box at nanog 76

From: Dave Taht <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2019 22:11:11 -0700

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4EKbgShyLw

Interesting stuff - wireguard, fq_codel/sch_cake, babel with new
metric that allows for cryptocurrency traffic billing.

-- 

Dave Täht
CTO, TekLibre, LLC
http://www.teklibre.com
Tel: 1-831-205-9740

---

From: Juliusz Chroboczek <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2019 18:00:08 +0200

> metric that allows for cryptocurrency traffic billing.

Justin, could you please document the private TLVs that you're using and
register them with IANA?  (I'm currently under pressure to make the TLV
allocation more onerous, and yours is a good example of why requiring an
RFC for every Babel extension is a bad idea.)

You're running Wireguard over Babel or the other way around?  Any issues
with that?

-- Juliusz

---

From: Jonathan Morton <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2019 15:03:36 +0300

> On 24 Jun, 2019, at 2:48 pm, Maciej Sołtysiak <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> On Getting Started Page [1] they suggest TP Link C7 for CPEs. Is that still one of the best suited home routers for getting make-wifi-fast and bufferbloat-combat in?

If nothing else, it's what the IQrouter is based on.  Custom firmware, sticker over the logo… it works well.

 - Jonathan Morton

---

From: Toke Høiland-Jørgensen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2019 14:20:25 -0400

Maciej Sołtysiak <[email-masked]> writes:

> Very refreshing, would love to see that succeed and then get popular in Europe too!
>
> On Getting Started Page [1] they suggest TP Link C7 for CPEs. Is that
> still one of the best suited home routers for getting make-wifi-fast
> and bufferbloat-combat in?

Yeah, if your link speed is within its capabilities. It can shape up to
~250 Mbps I think...

-Toke