Subject: [homenet] Fwd: IETF 107 Vancouver In-Person Meeting Cancelled

From: Stephen Farrell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2020 20:26:28 +0000

Hi all,

Many of you will have seen this but we'll not be meeting
f2f in Vancouver this time. Hopefully things will have
improved by the timeframe of IETF108.

In the meantime, we'd like to know if WG participants
would like to hold a virtual interim for homenet. If
you think that would be useful, please let the chairs
or the list know.

The IESG have asked for a bit of time to do some scheduling
that they need to do before WGs start to schedule such
virtual interims. So if we do want a virtual interim please
bear with us for a bit and we'll get back with a poll for
a timeslot as soon as we can.

Cheers,
S.

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: IETF 107 Vancouver In-Person Meeting Cancelled
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2020 12:10:27 -0700
From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
To: IETF Announcement List <[email-masked]>
CC: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]

The IESG and the IRTF Chair have decided to cancel the in-person IETF
107 Vancouver meeting. This decision is based on input we gathered from
Working Group (WG) and Research Group (RG) chairs about our ability to
hold productive WG and RG sessions at IETF 107. Our assessment of this
feedback is that a majority of sessions would not be viable if we were
to hold the in-person IETF meeting. On this basis, we believe we cannot
hold an effective in-person meeting.
As a result of this cancellation, the in-person Hackathon, Code Sprint,
all other in-person events planned for the weekend of March 21-22, the
chairs training scheduled for March 20, and all other in-person sessions
during the week are cancelled.

The IESG is working on an alternative all-virtual agenda for the week of
March 21-27 with a limited schedule adapted to accommodate the time
zones of as many participants as possible. We are also planning to
support an increased volume of virtual interim meetings during the weeks
that follow. We will send another update to the community soon with more
information about these plans. The Hackathon organizers are also
considering plans for virtual Hackathon support.

We have re-opened Internet-Draft submissions, which had been closed on
March 9 in anticipation of the in-person meeting. Internet-Drafts may be
submitted at <https://datatracker.ietf.org/submit/>.

A separate announcement from the IETF Executive Director will follow
with details about registration cancellations and refunds.
These are unusual times given the circumstances created by the spread of
COVID-19.  We hope that everyone remains safe and healthy.

Regards,
The IESG and the IRTF Chair

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce

---

From: Ted Lemon <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2020 16:30:15 -0400

I’m working on getting clearance to get a couple of documents published, one of which I think will be of interest to homenet, although its main target is 6man.  The delay works well for me—I only just came off a pretty intense development project, so I wasn’t able to get the document ready in time for IETF.  It’s not the best reason for a schedule improvement, but I’d appreciate being able to discuss that if I’m able to get it out in time for an interim hopefully sometime a bit after the original scheduled time.

Sent from my iPad

> On Mar 10, 2020, at 4:26 PM, Stephen Farrell <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> 
> Hi all,
> 
> <0x5AB2FAF17B172BEA.asc>
> homenet mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/homenet