Subject: [homenet] version of -13 of draft-ietf-homenet-front-end-naming-delegation posted

From: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2021 15:47:29 -0400

Hi,

I completed the CDDL description for section 14.
We hummed and hawed about YANG vs CDDL for describing this non-normative bit
of JSON, and settled on CDDL.  I think that I need to revise Appendix B to be sure it matches.

We have posted -13 because it has been more than two months, and while this
version still has a number of edits needed, we needed a firmer base on which
to discuss.

I was reading the diff, and I saw:

  XX, YYYY and ZZZZ as well-known ports in section 5.
  I thought that we didn't need any well-known ports?
  Can you comment Ray?

In reading the diff I have fixed one "teh"->"the" typo, and some { missing in
the reference for DANE.

There is a lot of cut text since -12, and maybe some of it was valuable.

--
Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>   . o O ( IPv6 IøT consulting )
           Sandelman Software Works Inc, Ottawa and Worldwide

---

From: Daniel Migault <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2021 16:51:18 -0400

Thanks Michael for putting this together.

I understand that the XX well known port is the port you reach the DM for
the Control Channel. In our case by default we are using DoT so XX = 853 by
default but other ports may be used if you are using DoH for example.We can
also envision that SVCB will redirect you to a completely non standard port
- though this case is a bit out of scope. Whatever port is used, the same
port will be used by the DM to reach the HNA. It basically means that if
the Control Channel uses DoT (resp. DoH, DoQ), the Synchronization Channel
uses DoT (resp.DoH, DoQ).   The main purpose of this text is to convince
the reader that Control Channel and Synchronization channel are different
channels and as such a Synchronization message cannot be interpreted as a
Control message.

To me the well known port means 853 or 443, but if that is confusing maybe
we may specify (DoT:853 by default)

Let me know if that addresses your concern.

Yours,
Daniel

On Fri, Mar 26, 2021 at 3:47 PM Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> homenet mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/homenet
>

-- 
Daniel Migault
Ericsson

---

From: Michael Thomas <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2021 15:59:49 -0700

> There is a lot of cut text since -12, and maybe some of it was valuable.
Wait, this using DANE? I guess I'll have to read it.

Mike

---

From: Daniel Migault <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2021 19:41:45 -0400

Hi,

No, DANE can be used but is not mandated.

Yours,
Daniel

-- 
Daniel Migault
Ericsson