Subject: [hrpc] onwards to Yokohama

From: Niels ten Oever <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2015 23:51:21 +0200

Hi all,

Sorry for the long silence on my part. Have been working on the
glossary and methodology draft on which I would be more than happy to
receive your input.

Based on the comment of Stephane I remove 'distributed' from the
glossary, since a distributed architecture might not nessarily be an
aspect of a right enabeling architecture perse.

Furthermore I have been going through Roland Bless his presentation
and lots of the comments made in Prague as well as RFC4949 - security
glossary, RFC1983 - Internet Users' Glossary, as well as several
papers on design principles [0] [1] [2]

This has resulted in a number of new additions to the glossary as well
as new technical preconditions for human rights in the methodology.

I still have to go through the following documents that were suggested
in Prague (a lot of reading was recommended):

http://www.coe.int/t/dghl/standardsetting/media/cdmsi/CDMSI(2013)misc20_
en.pdf

http://dud.inf.tu-dresden.de/literatur/Anon_Terminology_v0.34.pdf

as well as the thesis of Corinne.

I wanted to restart the discussion on the IDs though since the
submission cut-off for Yokohama is roughly one months away and your
inputs are very welcome.

I will send the new proposed text of the two IDs separately so we can
have the discussion inline there.

I think we can also work on making the methodology a bit more
structured, what do you think about the following suggestion: bring
the preliminary findings (4) and next steps (5) directy under the
subheadings of Methodology (3) so that the issues are all grouped
together.

Looking forward to discuss,

Niels

PS Joana and I are working with a team of editors, animators and other
people on the film, we're quite certain it will be shown in Yokohama.

PS2 If you have other relevant work either for discussion or
presentation in Yokohama it is of course more than welcome.

[0] http://ccr.sigcomm.org/archive/1995/jan95/ccr-9501-clark.pdf
[1] http://cacr.uwaterloo.ca/techreports/2012/cacr2012-33.pdf
[2] https://cyberlaw.stanford.edu/files/publication/files/05207995.pdf

- -- 
Niels ten Oever
Head of Digital

Article 19
www.article19.org

PGP fingerprint    8D9F C567 BEE4 A431 56C4
                   678B 08B5 A0F2 636D 68E9