Subject: [hrpc] value neutrality

From: Niels ten Oever <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Sep 2015 18:23:11 +0200

Hi all,

I came across another gem concerning value neutrality in RFC3935 -
IETFs mission statement - which reads:

[QUOTE]

   The Internet isn't value-neutral, and neither is the IETF.  We want
   the Internet to be useful for communities that share our commitment
   to openness and fairness.  We embrace technical concepts such as
   decentralized control, edge-user empowerment and sharing of
   resources, because those concepts resonate with the core values of
   the IETF community.  These concepts have little to do with the
   technology that's possible, and much to do with the technology that
   we choose to create.

[/QUOTE]

Best,

Niels

- -- 
Niels ten Oever
Head of Digital

Article 19
www.article19.org

PGP fingerprint    8D9F C567 BEE4 A431 56C4
                   678B 08B5 A0F2 636D 68E9

---

From: Avri Doria <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2015 13:55:22 -0400

a wonderful quote.

avri

On 07-Sep-15 12:23, Niels ten Oever wrote:
> > _______________________________________________ > hrpc mailing list >
[email-masked] > https://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/hrpc > >

---
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus