Subject: [hrpc] Organizational questions and new ID

From: Niels ten Oever <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Dec 2015 17:03:37 +0100

Dear all,

I hope this email finds you all well. Please find here the next
version of the methodology ID, most changes were suggested directly
before the Yokohama meeting and at the Yokohama meeting:

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-varon-hrpc-methodology-02

Furthermore I would like to ask the group whether you would all think
it's OK if we move the current active documents [0] [1] [2] over to
the IRTF track [3] and make them hrpc group documents, since we're
chartered now.

Furthermore I would like to gather input from you all whether people
would like to volunteer to continue the work in either the
methodology, glossary or report document.

During the Yokohama meeting several suggestions have come up to
include more technical analysis (such as DDoS), and we decided we
would try to deduce protocol transcending  considerations. Would
people like to volunteer for any of these tasks or have other tasks /
research they think would be appropriate?

Looking forward to hear what you think.

Best,

Niels

[0] https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-varon-hrpc-methodology-02
[1] https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-dkg-hrpc-glossary-01
[2] https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-doria-hrpc-report-00
[3] https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5743.txt
- -- 
Niels ten Oever
Head of Digital

Article 19
www.article19.org

PGP fingerprint    8D9F C567 BEE4 A431 56C4
                   678B 08B5 A0F2 636D 68E9

---

From: Corinne Cath <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2015 10:04:53 +0000

Dear all,

Looks great! I think its a good thing to move the active documents to the
IETF track.

Also happy to help with the methodology and report document, or other
issues as they come up!

Best,

Corinne

On Fri, Dec 4, 2015 at 4:03 PM, Niels ten Oever <[email-masked]> wrote:

> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
> Hash: SHA256
>
> Dear all,
>
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
> Version: GnuPG v2
>
> iQEcBAEBCAAGBQJWYblZAAoJEAi1oPJjbWjpZJwH+gOKCkLKHgmwShrBWYyQBGd3
> y9eO2rUxGMOhE4htEXPlKWAN/Td06SZC9Ml2GQYsKsAlt1upeEzNZWKDF9ejaayZ
> 0DmKOPzmuZTgf6ssSvzCTm+lex5jBtjrHJqd0GuJwCWEWv9OuzRY8PT5i4I8UvJz
> xBwNT+VRHiD3897JdD69+MIgqBz+eUc9oJLdfzPrNUJCBopSJx0Q+U+FlCaINhVe
> xLv0DTghNyD9BMrZ3b6C+38eGtQcsX75jnz0vW93HQVTOFZS6abHYKe/5pLkKbaU
> RafYc8D1K7yVzR5TqhmvhUVHlOntb4b0EGk9WDV9NgF5XqsEVdYy1YU8CADcfBM=
> =pJPe
> -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
>
> _______________________________________________
> hrpc mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/hrpc
>

-- 

'The management of normality is hard work'

---

From: Niels ten Oever <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2015 13:25:19 +0100

Hi Corinne,

Thanks for this!

I reckon you meant IRTF track instead of IETF track, or am I mistaken?

Best,

Niels

Niels ten Oever
Head of Digital

Article 19
www.article19.org

On 12/07/2015 11:04 AM, Corinne Cath wrote:
> Dear all,
> 
> Looks great! I think its a good thing to move the active documents
> to the IETF track.
> 
> Also happy to help with the methodology and report document, or
> other issues as they come up!
> 
> Best,
> 
> Corinne
> 
> On Fri, Dec 4, 2015 at 4:03 PM, Niels ten Oever
> <[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>> wrote:
> 
> Dear all,
> 
> version of the methodology ID, most changes were suggested
> directly before the Yokohama meeting and at the Yokohama meeting:
> 
> Furthermore I would like to ask the group whether you would all
> think it's OK if we move the current active documents [0] [1] [2]
> over to the IRTF track [3] and make them hrpc group documents,
> since we're chartered now.
> 
> Furthermore I would like to gather input from you all whether
> people would like to volunteer to continue the work in either the 
> people like to volunteer for any of these tasks or have other tasks
> / research they think would be appropriate?
> 
> [0] https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-varon-hrpc-methodology-02 [1]
> https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-dkg-hrpc-glossary-01 [2]
> https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-doria-hrpc-report-00 [3]
> https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5743.txt
> 
> _______________________________________________ hrpc mailing list 
> [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>

---

From: Corinne Cath <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2015 14:08:45 +0000

yes - IRTF!!! (my bad)

On Mon, Dec 7, 2015 at 12:25 PM, Niels ten Oever <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> iQEcBAEBCAAGBQJWZXqvAAoJEAi1oPJjbWjpX1YH/jIS5NUZl34QN12/E5K6tTcj
> tVzNQQWeQgMCJDR7HGgGBEzJcqDVCsKPT1y8Qev8iCBr4rVWmL1MT5GxYA7AZgKw
> zBsSQklGWOo6U7tfaXnU9EZblf5K5wZShTRSx1+7Ogm/QC7f18WnMaxWwVn0wdms
> c2uVit+AO0BjujJIA8NboM4JgNZFI2zFyhFSA7Es/pS7lDOecOcQ5mZJG40mIcPH
> AwPHfMRaNUhOuZS8lkz+8prvnlo/46l4OtlBsM8fxpNOmPxkieNzrH0yu4ZrctDO
> nso7pTeBUknII2Rnfk7X9HK9Mo3OM9QtRNe+UcR1Nffs4fH4JjpRsRZZjNrIxt4=
> =EWzQ

--

---

From: Daniel Kahn Gillmor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Dec 2015 16:26:34 -0500

> https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-varon-hrpc-methodology-02

Thanks for this, Niels!

> the IRTF track [3] and make them hrpc group documents, since we're

I think this is a "call for adoption by the research group" of the three
outstanding drafts.  I support research group adoption of all three
drafts.

Regards,

        --dkg