Subject: [hrpc] [[email-masked]: RFC 7687 on Report from the Strengthening the Internet (STRINT) Workshop]

From: Stephane Bortzmeyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2015 15:56:27 +0100

Probably relevant here, privacy being also a human right.

Subject: RFC 7687 on Report from the Strengthening the Internet (STRINT) Workshop
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2015 21:05:09 -0800 (PST)
List-Id: "IETF announcement list. No discussions." <ietf-announce.ietf.org>

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7687

        Title:      Report from the Strengthening the 
                    Internet (STRINT) Workshop 
        Author:     S. Farrell, R. Wenning,
                    B. Bos, M. Blanchet,
                    H. Tschofenig
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IAB
        Date:       December 2015
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      32
        Characters: 73006
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-iab-strint-report-03.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7687

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7687

The Strengthening the Internet (STRINT) workshop assembled one
hundred participants in London for two days in early 2014 to discuss
how the technical community, and in particular the IETF and the W3C,
should react to Pervasive Monitoring and more generally how to
strengthen the Internet in the face of such attacks.  The discussions
covered issues of terminology, the role of user interfaces, classes
of mitigation, some specific use cases, transition strategies
(including opportunistic encryption), and more.  The workshop ended
with a few high-level recommendations, that it is believed could be
implemented and could help strengthen the Internet.  This is the
report of that workshop.

Note that this document is a report on the proceedings of the
workshop.  The views and positions documented in this report are
those of the workshop participants and do not necessarily reflect IAB
views and positions.

This document is a product of the Internet Architecture Board.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC