Subject: [hrpc] Draft to RG draft polling

From: avri doria <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2018 17:37:47 -0500

Hi,

Finally did the comparison of the responses on the drafts. Not too many
of them so it was possibly an unsuccessful experiment. Kept hoping more
people would respond. And two people, one on list and one off,
questioned the use of such an IETF like process for the RG documents.

In any case, it seems to me that there is no objection to the Guidelines
or the Anonymity draft becoming Research Group Drafts.

While not exactly stated as objection to becoming a RG drafts, there was
a lot of discussion on some of the major assertions of the Freedom of
Association draft. I took that to mean it is not ready for RG status. I
see there is a new draft, so will be curious to see how that deals with
the questions and the support level. This does seem to provoke a good
discussion on the nature of the Internet and Association so I hope work
continues on it.

On Politics of Standards there seems to be direct objection to it
becoming a RG document at this time.

Was reminded that Unrequested was retired and it seems that
Implementation of 451 was going to continue as an individual draft for
the present, at least.

Did anyone read the responses differently from  me?

thanks

avri

(btw, i have missed seeing some of my email to the group, not sure if it
is getting through or if it fell in the delivery hole people spoke of)

---

From: Stephane Bortzmeyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2018 12:24:32 +0100

On Mon, Feb 19, 2018 at 05:37:47PM -0500,
 avri doria <[email-masked]> wrote 

> Did anyone read the responses differently from  me?

No, I have similar readings.

Practically speaking, does it mean I should repost
draft-tenoever-hrpc-anonymity as draft-irtf-hrpc-anonymity?

---

From: avri doria <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2018 08:17:55 -0500

Hi,

> draft-tenoever-hrpc-anonymity as draft-irtf-hrpc-anonymity?

You can, or you can wait until the next revision, up to you.  I think
there is a step I have to take to enable it, so once I check on the
process, I will get back to you.

avri

---

From: avri doria <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2018 09:17:53 -0500

Hi,

For the two drafts,

draft-irtf-hrpc-guidelines-00

draft-irtf-hrpc-anonymity-00

Please feel free to submit your next version under those names.  You can
either rename your current version and re-submit, or wait until your
next revision, as you please.

thanks

avri

On 23-Feb-18 08:17, avri doria wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> hrpc mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/hrpc

---

From: Stephane Bortzmeyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2018 15:41:39 +0100

On Fri, Feb 23, 2018 at 09:17:53AM -0500,
 avri doria <[email-masked]> wrote 

> draft-irtf-hrpc-anonymity-00

Done. Some changes, that you can see in
<https://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url1=draft-tenoever-hrpc-anonymity-02&url2=draft-irtf-hrpc-anonymity-00>