Subject: [hrpc] Christchurch call. And not Internet protocol related

From: farzaneh badii <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 May 2019 15:49:25 -0400

Dear HRPC

I am sorry that this email has nothing to do with Internet protocols and
hopefully it won’t have. But I didn’t know how to reach out to the
technical community ( not corporations) so I thought I try my luck here and
reach out to you via HRPC.

See below the our call for coordination for civil soc and technical
community to provide input to  the Christchurch call. We will have an
online meeting tomorrow which I hope you can join to discuss our input.
Once again sorry for hijacking this mailing list for another purpose
&&&&&&

New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern along with the French  President
Emmanuel Macron intends to sign a pledge with other nation states and CEOs
of tech companies to eliminate "terrorist, violent extremist content" on
the Internet
<https://www.beehive.govt.nz/release/nz-and-france-seek-end-use-social-media-acts-terrorism>,
in a meeting on 15 May in Paris.

We are planning to receive as much feedback as possible from Internet
governance civil society and the technical community about terrorist
content moderation online and relay the comments during the meetings held
in Paris. To do so we have organized two online meetings to be held on
Wednesday 8 May at 11.00 (AM) UTC and Friday 10 May at 11(AM) UTC. We had
to schedule the meetings to be more or less convenient for different
timezones.

For some background about the event and a timeline you can refer to:
Online Content Takedown, The Christchurch call
https://www.internetgovernance.org/2019/05/05/online-content-takedown-the-christchurch-call/

InternetNZ facilitating Tech and Civil Society Participation in
Christchurch call: https://internetnz.nz/Christchurch-Call

If you would like to discuss this topic and cannot make it to the online
meetings, you can always reach out or you can join this forum to continue
the discussions: https://christchurchcallcoord.internetnz.nz/

We look forward to your participation.

**** Meeting information, 8 May and 10 May - To be held at 11 AM UTC*

Meeting URL
https://bluejeans.com/212601815?src=join_info

Meeting ID
212 601 815

Want to dial in from a phone?

Dial one of the following numbers:
+1.408.740.7256 (US (San Jose))
+1.408.317.9253 (US (Primary, San Jose))
(see all numbers - https://www.bluejeans.com/premium-numbers)

Enter the meeting ID and passcode followed by #

Connecting from a room system?
Dial: bjn.vc or 199.48.152.152 and enter your meeting ID & passcode

-- 
Farzaneh