Subject: [hrpc] Interviews for academic research

From: Stéphane Couture <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2019 17:42:55 -0400

Dear all,

As I have been a bit more visible on the list over the last few days, I’d
like to take the opportunity to inform you that I might contact some of you
to request interviews for my academic research. As a reminder, I am a
professor of communications at York University in Toronto, Canada and am
currently conducting a research project on “Social Justice and Internet
Infrastructures,” in which I am looking at the role of civil society in
Internet Governance and the making of Internet infrastructures. This
research project is funded by the Social Sciences and Humanities Research
Council of Canada.

As part of my research, I have been very interested in the work of some
IRTF working groups, such as HRPC and GAIA. I have talked with some of you
and have followed or looked at discussions that occurred in the past years
on the public mailing list. In preparation for the next IETF meeting in
Montreal, I’d like to conduct a few interviews, to better understand
motivations and forms of engagement of people actives in this working
group. My research assistant - Max Maccarone - or myself may contact you in
the near future to request such interviews.

I am informing the list, so you will not be surprised to such an email. If
you feel proactively interested in participating in such interviews or have
any questions, you may also contact me directly to learn more.

Best,

Stéphane Couture