Subject: [hrpc] Learning from reviews

From: Mallory Knodel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2019 09:57:44 +0300

Hi everyone,

In order to make the learnings from draft reviews against RFC 8280 more
visible and part of the chartered work of HRPC, we have taken some
recent steps:

 * Encouraged hr-rt (human rights review team) subscribers to share
updates on reviews that they're conducting using RFC 8280 to the hrpc
list instead. And the hr-rt list will be closed down due to redundancy.

 * Created a new IRTF-HRPC repository called "reviews" in Github to
track these reviews and learnings: https://github.com/IRTF-HRPC/reviews

So, if you are someone who is interested in using RFC 8280 or the
guidelines draft to conduct reviews, please feed that work back into
HRPC by:

 * Sending a message to HRPC about drafts that might be interesting
because of a) clear connection to RFC 8280, b) requests from authors or
engagement with RFC 8280 in the I-D drafting process, or c) existence of
a human rights considerations section in an I-D.

 * CCing the HRPC list if someone in HRPC conducts a review and cites
RFC 8280,

 * Discussing on the list and in meetings about learnings gleaned from
the review process when using RFC 8280 or the guidelines draft.

 * When you've sent a review (hopefully with HRPC on CC) please follow
up on HRPC with an additional note on the utility or appropriateness,
&c. of RFC 8280 in the analysis.

Thanks all,
-Mallory
-- 
Mallory Knodel
Head of Digital :: article19.org
gpg fingerprint :: E3EB 63E0 65A3 B240 BCD9  B071 0C32 A271 BD3C C780