Subject: [hrpc] I-D Action: draft-irtf-hrpc-guidelines-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2021 10:25:19 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Human Rights Protocol Considerations RG of the IRTF.

        Title           : Guidelines for Human Rights Protocol and Architecture Considerations
        Authors         : Gurshabad Grover
                          Niels ten Oever
	Filename        : draft-irtf-hrpc-guidelines-06.txt
	Pages           : 31
	Date            : 2021-02-22

Abstract:
   This document sets guidelines for human rights considerations for
   developers working on network protocols and architectures, similar to
   the work done on the guidelines for privacy considerations [RFC6973].
   This is an updated version of the guidelines for human rights
   considerations in [RFC8280].

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-hrpc-guidelines/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-irtf-hrpc-guidelines-06
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-irtf-hrpc-guidelines-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-irtf-hrpc-guidelines-06

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Gurshabad Grover <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2021 00:12:22 +0530

Hi, all.

First, huge thanks to everyone who has commented on draft-guidelines in
the past few weeks. A new version is up. I'm sorry that we could not get
to every review and comment, but have tried to reply in detail to each
thread where comments were addressed.

The updates to the draft are in lots of sections, so no easy way to
summarise them. But I hope the new version incorporates most edits
proposed by Bill, Joey, Corinne and Farzaneh.

To do for next version:
- do a 'tone' review: (1) speak directly to protocol developers where
possible; [0] and (2) be more solution-oriented [1]; (3) read more like
guidance than a list of 'bad practices' [4]
- fix mistakes in the 'connectivity' section [2]
- see whether changes are needed to internationalisation/localisation
based on recent reviews [2, 4]
- address Sandra Braman's review [3]
- discuss whether current text on attribution/legal remedy captures rg
consensus [2]

We hope to work through this to-do list in March. In the meanwhile, more
comments and pull requests always welcome :)

See you (virtually) at IETF110!

Thank you.
-Gurshabad

[0] Corinne's review:
https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/hrpc/_bxVxqpbS695pJS3ZCLGsg4DtP0/
[1] Joey's review:
https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/hrpc/4INmUIzCQ8j3Cr8X4QtZUzfctBQ/
[2] Farzaneh's comments and subsequent discussion:
https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/hrpc/vppPmMvdTp-zlBsBzGM8Ql2Cv4M/
[3] Prof. Sandra Braman's review:
https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/hrpc/aaz9Lf-J-2U4ZoH_azJWDJBbbJk/;
and subsequent correction:
https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/hrpc/twLTNOBP2Q5YpuF6j0fy8RKHV2U/
[4] Bill Woodcock's review:
https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/hrpc/ewl28FzImOj9TECiq0lD8Gy3LNE/

On 2/22/21 11:55 PM, [email-masked] wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> hrpc mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/hrpc
>