Subject: [hrpc] HRPC meeting at IETF 110

From: Mallory Knodel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2021 09:00:47 -0500

Hi all,

We've finalised the agenda for the Human Rights Protocol Considerations 
RG at IETF 110, which will be held on Friday next week at 16:00 UTC.

I want to highlight in particular the two talks, which should be very 
good and applicable to the larger IRTF as well.

The first is a talk by co-authors of the book /Engineering Rules/ JoAnne 
Yates and Craig Murphy, who will discuss "Standardization in the Public 
Interest since 1800".

And the second is about the tool "BigBang", a multi-year hackathon 
project that enables robust mailinglist data analysis. Sebastian 
Benthall architected BigBang and will be giving a presentation on how 
researchers can use it, and improve it.

We're looking forward to seeing you there!

-Mallory

====

      Agenda HRPC IETF 110

# Welcome and introduction (~0 minutes)

    Scribe, Note takers
    Agenda Review
    Research Group status

# Talk: JoAnne Yates and Craig Murphy (30 minutes)

    "Standardization in the Public Interest since 1880"

# Talk: Sebastian Benthall (30 minutes)

    "Towards a Data Science of Institutional Power: Progress with 
BigBang"

# Update: Guidelines draft and short presentations from reviewers (15 
minutes)

    draft-irtf-hrpc-guidelines, Gurshabad Grover

# Update: Association draft (15 minutes)

    draft-irtf-hrpc-guidelines, Gurshabad Grover

# AOB (30 minutes)

    TBD

-- 
Mallory Knodel
CTO, Center for Democracy and Technology
gpg fingerprint :: E3EB 63E0 65A3 B240 BCD9 B071 0C32 A271 BD3C C780

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2021 11:04:23 -0500

Hi,

Just want to point out that the meeting is on the schedule for Thursday
next week - 11 Mar at 16 UTC (17 UCT+1).

thanks

avri

On 3/4/2021 9:00 AM, Mallory Knodel wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We've finalised the agenda for the Human Rights Protocol
> Considerations RG at IETF 110, which will be held on Friday next week
> at 16:00 UTC.
>
> The first is a talk by co-authors of the book /Engineering Rules/
> JoAnne Yates and Craig Murphy, who will discuss "Standardization in
> the Public Interest since 1800".
>