Subject: [hrpc] Code for kids rights - translating kids' rights to tech design

From: Corinne Cath <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2021 21:18:46 +0100

hi all,

Following the UK, the Dutch government in collaboration with the Interior
Ministry and future lab the Waag developed a non-binding (for now) code for
kids online.

It is aimed at developers and techies more general, to help them take kids'
rights (as defined in the UN Convention on the rights of the Child, into
account when making tech.

Its only in Dutch, unfortunately:
https://waag.org/en/article/waag-presents-code-childrens-rights

The UK version is similar, if somewhat more narrowly scoped to focus on
privacy:
https://ico.org.uk/about-the-ico/news-and-events/news-and-blogs/2020/09/ico-s-children-s-code-will-help-protect-children-online/

Sharing them here as comparison material for ongoing work in HRPC :)

Kind regards,

-- 
Dr. Corinne Cath
Oxford Internet Institute & Alan Turing Institute

Web: www.oii.ox.ac.uk/people/corinne-cath & www.corinnecath.com
Email: [email-masked] & [email-masked]
Twitter: @C__CS