Subject: draft-ietf-httpbis-p2-semantics-24, "4.3.4 PUT"

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Nov 2013 17:13:46 -0800

<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-ietf-httpbis-p2-semantics-24.html#rfc.section.4.3.4.p.4>:

"An origin server SHOULD verify that the PUT representation is 
consistent with any constraints the server has for the target resource 
that cannot or will not be changed by the PUT. This is particularly 
important when the origin server uses internal configuration information 
related to the URI in order to set the values for representation 
metadata on GET responses. When a PUT representation is inconsistent 
with the target resource, the origin server SHOULD either make them 
consistent, by transforming the representation or changing the resource 
configuration, or respond with an appropriate error message containing 
sufficient information to explain why the representation is unsuitable. 
The 409 (Conflict) or 415 (Unsupported Media Type) status codes are 
suggested, with the latter being specific to constraints on Content-Type 
values."

I think it would be good to also mention status code 422 (even if it's 
defined somewhere else).

Best regards, Julian