Subject: Weekly github digest (HTTP Activity Summary)

From: Repository Activity Summary Bot <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2020 03:32:13 -0400 (EDT)

Events without label "editorial"

Issues
------
* httpwg/http-core (+6/-5/💬31)
  6 issues created:
  - CONNECT, OPTIONS and request-target (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/340 [semantics] 
  - Make references to h1-messaging non-normative (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/335 [caching] [semantics] 
  - Defining "incomplete" (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/334 [semantics] 
  - 1.1 specific requirement on conditional extensions (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/333 [semantics] 
  - Host requirements in semantics (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/332 [semantics] 
  - Proxy-Authenticate scope (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/331 [semantics] 

  16 issues received 31 new comments:
  - #335 Make references to h1-messaging non-normative (6 by mnot, royfielding)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/335 [caching] [semantics] 
  - #332 Host requirements in semantics (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/332 [semantics] 
  - #329 Are request forms Semantics? (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/329 
  - #328 Placement of TE: field (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/328 
  - #326 Handling of If-Unmodified-Since with unknown modified dates (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/326 [semantics] 
  - #321 Being explicit about relative URIs (2 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/321 [semantics] 
  - #320 Public and Private vs. the world (2 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/320 [caching] 
  - #313 Mid-stream trailers (1 by davidben)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/313 [semantics] 
  - #311 Define "request" and "response" independent of HTTP/1.1 (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/311 [semantics] 
  - #276 Content-Length is weird (5 by annevk, martinthomson, mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/276 [h1-messaging] [has-proposal] [semantics] 
  - #265 Scope of applicability for HTTP extensions (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/265 
  - #259 request target / status line / request line are h1-specific (2 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/259 [caching] [semantics] 
  - #165 Updating stored headers (2 by MattMenke2, mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/165 [caching] [has-proposal] 
  - #116 Should Semantics assume that field values have been coalesced or just unfolded? (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/116 [semantics] [waiting] 
  - #99 Scope of Retry-After (2 by ioggstream, mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/99 [has-proposal] [semantics] 
  - #18 TE: trailers (2 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/18 [has-proposal] [semantics] 

  5 issues closed:
  - Placement of TE: field https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/328 
  - Are request forms Semantics? https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/329 
  - Public and Private vs. the world https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/320 [caching] [has-proposal] 
  - Scope of Retry-After https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/99 [has-proposal] [semantics] 
  - Host requirements in semantics https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/332 [semantics] 

* httpwg/http-extensions (+2/-3/💬3)
  2 issues created:
  - Digest in requests with no payload body (by ioggstream)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1143 
  - fwd-protocol type (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1141 [proxy-status] 

  3 issues received 3 new comments:
  - #1139 If ADLER32 isn't good enough, why is sum OK? (1 by ioggstream)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1139 [digest-headers] 
  - #986 Add capability for sending HTTP metadata (trailer fields) in mid-stream (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/986 
  - #821 Considering http_response_status (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/821 [proxy-status] 

  3 issues closed:
  - Digest is a message field in the new parlance https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1137 [digest-headers] 
  - Considering http_response_status https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/821 [proxy-status] 
  - Add capability for sending HTTP metadata (trailer fields) in mid-stream https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/986 

Pull requests
-------------
* httpwg/http-core (+8/-1/💬4)
  8 pull requests submitted:
  - Move definition of "complete" to semantics (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/345 
  - Don't rely on the HTTP/1.1 Messaging specification to define "message" (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/344 
  - Adjust multiple Content-Length handling (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/343 
  - Describe scope concerns for extensions (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/342 
  - Move TE: trailers into Semantics (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/341 
  - Clarify public and private (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/338 
  - Talk about exceptions to storing and updating headers (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/337 
  - Make h1-messaging reference non-normative (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/336 

  4 pull requests received 4 new comments:
  - #338 Clarify public and private (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/338 
  - #317 The scope of 503 may go beyond the request. See #99. (1 by ioggstream)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/317 
  - #316 map request target to target URI/resource (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/316 
  - #238 include RFC 7694 (#119) (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/238 

  1 pull requests merged:
  - Clarify public and private
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/338 

* httpwg/http-extensions (+1/-1/💬4)
  1 pull requests submitted:
  - Replace validator -> validator fields (by ioggstream)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1142 

  2 pull requests received 4 new comments:
  - #1140 Reference new HTTP core semenatics and use field terminology (2 by LPardue, ioggstream)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1140 [digest-headers] 
  - #1114 Integrate an example without content coding. (2 by LPardue, ioggstream)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1114 [digest-headers] 

  1 pull requests merged:
  - Reference new HTTP core semenatics and use field terminology
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1140 [digest-headers] 

Repositories tracked by this digest:
-----------------------------------
* https://github.com/httpwg/http-core
* https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions