Subject: Weekly github digest (HTTP Activity Summary)

From: Repository Activity Summary Bot <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2021 02:36:52 -0500 (EST)

Events without label "editorial"

Issues
------
* httpwg/http-core (+2/-6/💬0)
  2 issues created:
  - CONNECT and prospective data (by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/780 
  - Last minute Age adjustments (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/778 [caching] 

  6 issues closed:
  - SEMANTICS describes CONNECT in HTTP/1.1 terms https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/737 [semantics] 
  - Default port for CONNECT https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/736 [has-proposal] [semantics] 
  - Messaging: 7.1 chunked transfer coding: add a note about the risks of too large chunks https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/749 [h1-messaging] [has-proposal] 
  - Semantics: reliable transport and datagrams ... https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/769 [semantics] 
  - Semantics: 7.8 Upgrade https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/743 [has-proposal] [semantics] 
  - Arbitrary limitation on authentication parameters https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/733 [discuss] [semantics] 

* httpwg/http-extensions (+2/-2/💬7)
  2 issues created:
  - backward compatibility for current http-signatures implementations (by kaniini)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1410 
  - digest -> Semantics -14 (by ioggstream)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1408 

  3 issues received 7 new comments:
  - #1410 backward compatibility for current http-signatures implementations (4 by kaniini, msporny)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1410 
  - #1407 digest in trailer, algorithm in header (2 by LPardue, ioggstream)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1407 [digest-headers] 
  - #1393 digest-headers: update HTTP Digest Algorithms Values registry reference (1 by seanturner)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1393 [digest-headers] 

  2 issues closed:
  - Remove algorithm-specific rules for content identifiers https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1190 [signatures] 
  - digest in trailer, algorithm in header https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1407 [digest-headers] 

Pull requests
-------------
* httpwg/http-core (+5/-7/💬6)
  5 pull requests submitted:
  - An upgraded protocol starts after the 101 response (by royfielding)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/777 
  - Refine version requirement for intermediaries (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/774 
  - Discuss forwarding and extensibility (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/773 
  - Reject CONNECT requests without a port (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/772 
  - Clarify what cache proxy considerations apply to (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/770 

  4 pull requests received 6 new comments:
  - #773 Discuss forwarding and extensibility (2 by martinthomson, mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/773 
  - #772 Reject CONNECT requests without a port (1 by royfielding)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/772 
  - #768 Clarify large chunk handling issues (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/768 
  - #764 Explain implications of statelessness (2 by mnot, royfielding)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/764 

  7 pull requests merged:
  - An upgraded protocol starts after the 101 response
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/777 
  - Origin servers might support CONNECT
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/707 
  - Reject CONNECT requests without a port
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/772 
  - Clarify what cache proxy considerations apply to
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/770 
  - Clarify large chunk handling issues
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/768 
  - Discuss forwarding and extensibility
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/773 
  - Explain implications of statelessness
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/764 

* httpwg/http-extensions (+2/-1/💬1)
  2 pull requests submitted:
  - Update signature input methods and requirements (by jricher)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1411 
  - Fix: #1408. Use semantics-14. (by ioggstream)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1409 

  1 pull requests received 1 new comments:
  - #1348 Consider redirects when defining same-site (1 by chlily1)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1348 [samesite] 

  1 pull requests merged:
  - Fix: #1190. Remove algorithm specific rules for content identifiers.
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1314 [signatures] 

* httpwg/http2-spec (+4/-5/💬9)
  4 pull requests submitted:
  - Hervé was the only one (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec/pull/823 
  - The core drafts are normative references (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec/pull/822 
  - Speak more about DoS (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec/pull/821 
  - Remove Upgrade mechanism. (by Lukasa)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec/pull/820 

  5 pull requests received 9 new comments:
  - #820 Remove Upgrade mechanism. (1 by Lukasa)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec/pull/820 
  - #819 Clarify error handling when multiple errors are encountered. (5 by Lukasa, martinthomson)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec/pull/819 
  - #816 fix IETF working group name (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec/pull/816 
  - #811 First pass on references to updated documents (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec/pull/811 
  - #800 Reference RFC 6973 for fingerprinting (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec/pull/800 

  5 pull requests merged:
  - Reference RFC 6973 for fingerprinting
    https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec/pull/800 
  - Speak more about DoS
    https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec/pull/821 
  - The core drafts are normative references
    https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec/pull/822 
  - fix IETF working group name
    https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec/pull/816 
  - First pass on references to updated documents
    https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec/pull/811 

Repositories tracked by this digest:
-----------------------------------
* https://github.com/httpwg/http-core
* https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions
* https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec