Subject: Weekly github digest (HTTP Activity Summary)

From: Repository Activity Summary Bot <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2021 02:36:39 -0500 (EST)

Events without label "editorial"

Issues
------
* httpwg/http-core (+2/-9/💬46)
  2 issues created:
  - Semantics: reliable transport and datagrams ... (by wenbozhu)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/769 
  - Semantics: How to know to stop parsing a header at CRLF? (by miketaylr)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/754 

  19 issues received 46 new comments:
  - #769 Semantics: reliable transport and datagrams ... (2 by mnot, wtarreau)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/769 [semantics] 
  - #754 Semantics: How to know to stop parsing a header at CRLF? (2 by reschke, wtarreau)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/754 
  - #751 messaging 2.3: version (rewriting by intermediaries) (3 by martinthomson, mnot, wtarreau)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/751 [discuss] [h1-messaging] 
  - #749 Messaging: 7.1 chunked transfer coding: add a note about the risks of too large chunks (4 by mnot, wtarreau)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/749 [h1-messaging] 
  - #748 Semantics: 8.6 Content-length: too lax about multiple values (3 by mnot, royfielding, wtarreau)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/748 [has-proposal] [semantics] 
  - #744 Semantics: 9.2.2 Idempotent Methods (8 by martinthomson, mnot, royfielding, wenbozhu)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/744 [semantics] 
  - #743 Semantics: 7.8 Upgrade (4 by mnot, wenbozhu, wtarreau)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/743 [semantics] 
  - #742 Semantics: 7.6.3 typo? (2 by royfielding, wenbozhu)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/742 [semantics] 
  - #741 Semantics: full-duplex related semantics ... (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/741 [semantics] 
  - #740 WGLC: Mid-stream trailers (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/740 [discuss] [semantics] 
  - #739 Semantics 3.3 Connections ... (2 by mnot, wenbozhu)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/739 [semantics] 
  - #733 Arbitrary limitation on authentication parameters (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/733 [discuss] [semantics] 
  - #725 TLS does not require clean close for resumption (1 by royfielding)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/725 [discuss] [h1-messaging] 
  - #708 From and authentication (3 by martinthomson, mnot, royfielding)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/708 [semantics] 
  - #697 Whitespace is not removed from field values in HTTP/2 or HTTP/3 (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/697 [discuss] [semantics] 
  - #690 Is -messaging part of the core definition of HTTP? (2 by martinthomson, mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/690 [semantics] 
  - #687 MUST NOT lie (4 by martinthomson, mnot, royfielding)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/687 [discuss] [semantics] 
  - #683 field-value production rules out CTL characters, but these are common in the wild (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/683 [discuss] [semantics] 
  - #681 Should -messaging obsolete RFC 1945 (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/681 [discuss] [h1-messaging] 

  9 issues closed:
  - Should -messaging obsolete RFC 1945 https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/681 [discuss] [h1-messaging] 
  - Semantics: full-duplex related semantics ... https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/741 [has-proposal] [semantics] 
  - Is a prohibition against mixed line termination a requirement? https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/703 [has-proposal] [semantics] 
  - From and authentication https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/708 [has-proposal] [semantics] 
  - Semantics: 8.6 Content-length: too lax about multiple values https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/748 [has-proposal] [semantics] 
  - 2.2 Message parsing: mention close after 400 https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/750 [h1-messaging] [has-proposal] 
  - Cache poisoning doesn't just affect shared caches https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/730 [caching] [has-proposal] 
  - Semantics 3.3 Connections ... https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/739 [semantics] 
  - TLS does not require clean close for resumption https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/725 [discuss] [h1-messaging] 

* httpwg/http-extensions (+3/-4/💬16)
  3 issues created:
  - digest in trailer, algorithm in header (by ioggstream)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1407 
  - proxy-status: it is "a sf-" or "an sf-"? (by LPardue)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1404 
  - proxy-status: confused about extra parameters  (by LPardue)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1403 

  6 issues received 16 new comments:
  - #1407 digest in trailer, algorithm in header (1 by LPardue)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1407 [digest-headers] 
  - #1403 proxy-status: confused about extra parameters  (10 by LPardue, mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1403 [proxy-status] 
  - #1393 digest-headers: update HTTP Digest Algorithms Values registry reference (2 by ioggstream)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1393 [digest-headers] 
  - #1366 digest-headers: general feedback on Section 6 [POST, PATCH] (1 by ioggstream)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1366 [digest-headers] 
  - #1337 [6265bis] Align on HTML terminology for origins (1 by englehardt)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1337 [6265bis] 
  - #1241 Incrementally Better Cookies vs RFC6265bis (1 by englehardt)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1241 [6265bis] 

  4 issues closed:
  - proxy-status: confused about extra parameters  https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1403 [proxy-status] 
  - proxy-status: it is "a sf-" or "an sf-"? https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1404 
  - Incrementally Better Cookies vs RFC6265bis https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1241 [6265bis] 
  - sum and cksum aren't cryptographic either https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1138 [digest-headers] 

* httpwg/http2-spec (+1/-2/💬13)
  1 issues created:
  - Fix URL on repo (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec/issues/817 

  9 issues received 13 new comments:
  - #815 characters allowed in field values (2 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec/issues/815 
  - #788 Update the HPACK static table (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec/issues/788 
  - #787 New ALPN protocol identifier for the revised protocol (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec/issues/787 
  - #786 Cut Server Push (3 by Lukasa, mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec/issues/786 
  - #781 Design for 0-RTT (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec/issues/781 
  - #776 Reserve some codepoints for greasing (1 by Lukasa)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec/issues/776 
  - #773 Consider (partial) removal of priority signaling (2 by Lukasa, martinthomson)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec/issues/773 
  - #772 Remove upgrade mechanism (1 by ianswett)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec/issues/772 
  - #770 Correct handling of HTTP/2 frames with multiple errors (1 by Lukasa)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec/issues/770 

  2 issues closed:
  - Design for 0-RTT https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec/issues/781 
  - Update the HPACK static table https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec/issues/788 

Pull requests
-------------
* httpwg/http-core (+15/-12/💬15)
  15 pull requests submitted:
  - Clarify large chunk handling issues (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/768 
  - Remove Canonicalization and Text Defaults (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/767 
  - Mention payload -> content change (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/766 
  - Clarify duplex semantics (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/765 
  - Explain implications of statelessness (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/764 
  - Cleanup whitespace (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/763 
  - No need to explain why From is bad (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/762 
  - Method semantics are inviolate (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/761 
  - Be more explicit about Content-Length errors (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/760 
  - Explicitly close the connection (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/759 
  - Move discussion of statelessness (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/758 
  - Broaden cache poisoning (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/757 
  - Define 'cache key' (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/756 
  - rephrase connection closure incomplete (editorial) (by royfielding)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/755 
  - remove "charset" ABNF production and explain where charsets occur (fixes #713) (by reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/752 

  7 pull requests received 15 new comments:
  - #768 Clarify large chunk handling issues (1 by royfielding)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/768 
  - #765 Clarify duplex semantics (2 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/765 
  - #764 Explain implications of statelessness (3 by martinthomson, reschke, royfielding)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/764 
  - #763 Cleanup whitespace (2 by mnot, reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/763 
  - #761 Method semantics are inviolate (2 by martinthomson, mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/761 
  - #734 Fixes for TLS connection closure (1 by royfielding)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/734 
  - #732 Make Host directly mandatory (4 by martinthomson, royfielding, wtarreau)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/732 

  12 pull requests merged:
  - Clarify duplex semantics
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/765 
  - Mention payload -> content change
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/766 
  - Remove Canonicalization and Text Defaults
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/767 
  - No need to explain why From is bad
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/762 
  - Method semantics are inviolate
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/761 
  - Be more explicit about Content-Length errors
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/760 
  - Explicitly close the connection
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/759 
  - Move discussion of statelessness
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/758 
  - rephrase connection closure incomplete (editorial)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/755 
  - Broaden cache poisoning
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/757 
  - Define 'cache key'
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/756 
  - Fixes for TLS connection closure
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/734 

* httpwg/http-extensions (+5/-7/💬21)
  5 pull requests submitted:
  - clean up editorial notes and issues list (by jricher)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1406 
  - Fix markdown. (by PiotrSikora)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1405 
  - Style. (by PiotrSikora)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1402 
  - Change Header Block to Header/Trailer Section, plus related changes. (by PiotrSikora)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1401 
  - Allow connection_terminated to be emitted for mid-stream errors. (by PiotrSikora)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1400 

  8 pull requests received 21 new comments:
  - #1406 clean up editorial notes and issues list (1 by jricher)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1406 [signatures] 
  - #1400 Allow connection_terminated to be emitted for mid-stream errors. (2 by PiotrSikora, mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1400 [proxy-status] 
  - #1387 Limit more error types to responses generated by intermediaries. (1 by PiotrSikora)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1387 
  - #1384 RFC 6265bis: Clarify same-site for reload navigations (1 by miketaylr)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1384 [6265bis] 
  - #1376 Fix: #1357. Clarify Digest+HEAD. (3 by LPardue, ioggstream)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1376 [digest-headers] 
  - #1348 Consider redirects when defining same-site (3 by englehardt, miketaylr)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1348 [samesite] 
  - #1347 add priority field (3 by LPardue, mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1347 [meta] 
  - #690 Adding a note about 303 See Other (7 by ioggstream, reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/690 [bcp56bis] 

  7 pull requests merged:
  - RFC 6265bis: Clarify same-site for reload navigations
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1384 [6265bis] 
  - clean up editorial notes and issues list
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1406 [signatures] 
  - Fix markdown.
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1405 
  - Allow connection_terminated to be emitted for mid-stream errors.
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1400 [proxy-status] 
  - Style.
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1402 [proxy-status] 
  - add priority field
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1347 [meta] 
  - Change Header Block to Header/Trailer Section, plus related changes.
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1401 [proxy-status] 

* httpwg/http2-spec (+2/-1/💬3)
  2 pull requests submitted:
  - Clarify error handling when multiple errors are encountered. (by Lukasa)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec/pull/819 
  - Correct WG name (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec/pull/818 

  3 pull requests received 3 new comments:
  - #816 fix IETF area name (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec/pull/816 
  - #811 First pass on references to updated documents (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec/pull/811 
  - #809 fix IETF area name (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec/pull/809 

  1 pull requests merged:
  - Correct WG name
    https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec/pull/818 

Repositories tracked by this digest:
-----------------------------------
* https://github.com/httpwg/http-core
* https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions
* https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec