Subject: Artart last call review of draft-ietf-httpbis-semantics-18

From: Bron Gondwana via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Sep 2021 07:27:58 -0700

Reviewer: Bron Gondwana
Review result: Ready

I have been requested to review this document as the ARTART reviewer.

Congratulations on this massive piece of work.  It's valuable and important and
clearly represents a lot of time for a lot of people!  I read the whole thing,
though I admit I skimmed over the references and appendix information since I
assume they were software generated.

I'm afraid I probably missed heaps of stuff when reading this document, the
reverse bikeshed problem, this thing is a nuclear reactor and I'm sure the
people who wrote it are very smart and understand what they are doing!  I found
it quite repetitive in parts, particularly when it's using boilerplate for "you
really shouldn't do this and it won't interoperate but maybe you have an
agreement between the client and the server to do it anyway" - but I understand
the reason for doing so to make each section self-contained.

Thanks for doing this important work - I learned a fair bit about the history
of HTTP and some of the interesting edge cases reading this.

---

From: Francesca Palombini <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2021 11:35:29 +0000

Bron: thanks for the ART art review!

Francesca

On 06/09/2021, 16:28, "Bron Gondwana via Datatracker" <[email-masked]> wrote:

    Reviewer: Bron Gondwana
    Review result: Ready