Subject: Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-httpbis-priority-05.txt

From: Lucas Pardue <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2021 23:25:41 +0100

Hello HTTP WG,

We've just published draft 05 of the priorities draft.

I immediately realized that I'd neglected to add a changelog, which isn't
terrible because this one is mainly editorial changes. They accommodate
updated references to the HTTP core revision and RFC 7540bis work.

I'd also like to highlight the new issue 1679 [1] we spun off from one of
Robin's comments on those editorial changes. This issue relates to the text
about the HTTP/2 SETTINGS_DEPRECATE_RFC7540_PRIORITIES setting, and whether
endpoints that send it are expected to use Extensible priorities or if they
could use something else. Since we aren't defining a negotiation mechanism
as part of this work, I'm leaning towards making the text stricter about
the recommendation to use Extensible priorities when using the setting. If
you have any thoughts on the matter, please let us know.

Beyond that, we think this document is in a good position and don't plan
further changes other than in response to WG feedback.

Cheers,
Lucas

[1] - https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1679

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, Sep 24, 2021 at 11:07 PM
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-httpbis-priority-05.txt
To: Kazuho Oku <[email-masked]>, Lucas Pardue <
[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-httpbis-priority-05.txt
has been successfully submitted by Lucas Pardue and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-ietf-httpbis-priority
Revision:       05
Title:          Extensible Prioritization Scheme for HTTP
Document date:  2021-09-24
Group:          httpbis
Pages:          26
URL:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-httpbis-priority-05.txt
Status:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-httpbis-priority/
Html:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-httpbis-priority-05.html
Htmlized:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-httpbis-priority
Diff:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-httpbis-priority-05

Abstract:
   This document describes a scheme for prioritizing HTTP responses.
   This scheme expresses the priority of each HTTP response using
   absolute values, rather than as a relative relationship between a
   group of HTTP responses.

   This document defines the Priority header field for communicating the
   initial priority in an HTTP version-independent manner, as well as
   HTTP/2 and HTTP/3 frames for reprioritizing the responses.  These
   share a common format structure that is designed to provide future
   extensibility.

The IETF Secretariat