Subject: Digest: Last Call and the next interim meeting

From: Roberto Polli <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2021 14:26:01 +0200

Dear chairs et al,

thanks to the support of the wg, the work on Digest Headers is almost done!

The current content is significantly improved and in the next few days
Lucas and I will re-read it to improve / simplify / clarify the wording.

There are some minor issues left, eg:

- delegate `id-` algorithms (and their issues) to another document;
- rename the document to `Digest Fields`;

https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3Adigest-headers

What do we need to issue a Last Call?
Should we get ready before or after the Interim Meeting?

Thanks again from me and Lucas to all the wg,
and especially to Julian, Mark and Martin for all the help.

Have a nice day,
R.

---

From: Lucas Pardue <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2021 02:59:17 +0100

Thanks Roberto,

Something that's worth highlighting is that we've incorporated the
Content-Digest field into the latest editor's copy. This addresses comments
that came up during the last meeting, making it much easier for some use
cases to generate and validate checksums over HTTP content.

There's a swathe of other editorial quality of life improvements, we'll be
cutting a new I-D draft soon. For the super keen, a diff between the editor
copy and the last I-D is available at
https://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url1=https://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-httpbis-digest-headers.txt&url2=https://httpwg.github.io/http-extensions/draft-ietf-httpbis-digest-headers.txt

Cheers,
Lucas