Subject: Weekly github digest (HTTP Activity Summary)

From: Repository Activity Summary Bot <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2021 07:38:48 +0000

Events without label "editorial"

Issues
------
* httpwg/http-core (+0/-1/💬2)
  2 issues received 2 new comments:
  - #984 Some values potentially missing from the IANA Field Name Registry (1 by DavidSchinazi)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/984 
  - #980 Recommended response behavior when identity encoding is unacceptable (1 by reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/980 [semantics] 

  1 issues closed:
  - Some values potentially missing from the IANA Field Name Registry https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/984 

* httpwg/http-extensions (+2/-4/💬8)
  2 issues created:
  - RFC6265bis: Handling a trailing dot in the domain attribute (by recvfrom)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1758 
  - RFC6265bis: Minor improvements to the Max-Age attribute parsing algorithm (by recvfrom)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1757 

  6 issues received 8 new comments:
  - #1758 RFC6265bis: Handling a trailing dot in the domain attribute (1 by sbingler)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1758 [6265bis] 
  - #1757 RFC6265bis: Minor improvements to the Max-Age attribute parsing algorithm (3 by miketaylr, recvfrom, sbingler)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1757 [6265bis] 
  - #1722 PRIORITY_UPDATE before headers (1 by LPardue)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1722 [priorities] 
  - #1717 IANA registry rules need work (1 by kazuho)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1717 [priorities] 
  - #1673 Alt-Svc and multi-CDN (1 by ddragana)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1673 [alt-svc] 
  - #942 Header for considering the request body as part of the cache key (1 by mitar)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/942 

  4 issues closed:
  - Caching considerations https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1552 [safe-method-w-body] 
  - PRIORITY_UPDATE before headers https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1722 [priorities] 
  - IANA registry rules need work https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1717 [priorities] 
  - Don't deprecate MD5 and CRC32c in Digest Fields RFC https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1671 [digest-headers] 

Pull requests
-------------
* httpwg/http-extensions (+5/-5/💬17)
  5 pull requests submitted:
  - Link up mixing concerns with guidance principles (by LPardue)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1772 
  - speak about urgency in terms of client (by LPardue)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1770 
  - Fix: #1687. Improve  description of want-digest and bad request. (by ioggstream)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1761 
  - Deprecated -> Insecure (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1760 
  - Fix #1399 - Add a grammar corresponding to the parsing algorithm (by recvfrom)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1759 

  5 pull requests received 17 new comments:
  - #1761 Fix: #1687. Improve  description of want-digest and bad request. (1 by LPardue)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1761 [digest-headers] 
  - #1760 Deprecated -> Insecure (1 by zbjornson)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1760 
  - #1759 Fix #1399 - Add a grammar corresponding to the parsing algorithm (2 by recvfrom, sbingler)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1759 [6265bis] 
  - #1748 don't close connection due to SF parse failure (1 by LPardue)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1748 [priorities] 
  - #1732 Standardize maximum Expires/Max-Age (12 by arichiv, chlily1, martinthomson, miketaylr, mikewest, sbingler)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1732 

  5 pull requests merged:
  - Fix: #1687. Improve  description of want-digest and bad request.
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1761 [digest-headers] 
  - Caching subsection
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1737 [safe-method-w-body] 
  - Priority human acknowledgements pt 1
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1708 [priorities] 
  - Split the HTTP Priority Parameters registry in two
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1754 [priorities] 
  - Deprecated -> Insecure
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1760 

Repositories tracked by this digest:
-----------------------------------
* https://github.com/httpwg/http-core
* https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions
* https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec