Subject: Weekly github digest (HTTP Activity Summary)

From: Repository Activity Summary Bot <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 03 Oct 2021 07:38:39 +0000

Events without label "editorial"

Issues
------
* httpwg/http-core (+1/-0/💬5)
  1 issues created:
  - Recommended response behavior when identity encoding is unacceptable (by gibson042)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/980 

  1 issues received 5 new comments:
  - #980 Recommended response behavior when identity encoding is unacceptable (5 by gibson042, reschke, royfielding)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/980 [semantics] 

* httpwg/http-extensions (+10/-2/💬44)
  10 issues created:
  - IDN names for domain attributes (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1707 [6265bis] 
  - Intro and abstract can be editorialized for clarity (by LPardue)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1703 [h3-websockets] 
  - HTTP/3 websockets and RESET_STREAM/STOP_SENDING (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1701 [h3-websockets] 
  - Alt-Svc and coalescing (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1696 [alt-svc] 
  - Security implications of Alt-Svc fallback (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1694 [alt-svc] 
  - Alt-Svc and ECH (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1693 [alt-svc] 
  - Alt-Svc and HTTPS records (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1692 [alt-svc] 
  - Alt-Svc and ORIGIN (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1691 [alt-svc] 
  - Leave ALPN negotiation to ALPN (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1690 
  - Authenticating incompatible alternative services (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1689 [alt-svc] 

  21 issues received 44 new comments:
  - #1703 Intro and abstract can be editorialized for clarity (1 by RyanTheOptimist)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1703 [h3-websockets] 
  - #1701 HTTP/3 websockets and RESET_STREAM/STOP_SENDING (3 by LPardue, RyanTheOptimist, martinthomson)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1701 [h3-websockets] 
  - #1696 Alt-Svc and coalescing (1 by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1696 [alt-svc] 
  - #1694 Security implications of Alt-Svc fallback (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1694 [alt-svc] 
  - #1691 Alt-Svc and ORIGIN (11 by LPardue, MikeBishop, RyanTheOptimist, martinthomson)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1691 [alt-svc] 
  - #1679 When SETTING deprecate H2 priority, is extensible priority mandatory? (3 by LPardue, kazuho)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1679 [priorities] [discuss] 
  - #1614 what method name to use (1 by tfpauly)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1614 [safe-method-w-body] 
  - #1600 RFC6265bis: Standardize maximum Max-Age cookie attribute value/handling (2 by arichiv, miketaylr)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1600 [6265bis] 
  - #1593 RFC6265bis: Update 'Storage Model' to include more character set restrictions / processing (1 by miketaylr)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1593 [6265bis] [6265bis-defer] 
  - #1526 RFC 6265bis: possibility of taking the port into account for "schemeful-cookies" (aka same-origin cookies) (2 by johnwilander, randomstuff)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1526 [6265bis] [6265bis-defer] 
  - #1522 Support for Raw Public Keys (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1522 [client-cert-field] 
  - #1521 Certificate chain data (2 by MikeBishop, martinthomson)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1521 [client-cert-field] 
  - #1517 RFC 6265bis should specify that no decoding of Set-Cookie line should occur (1 by miketaylr)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1517 [6265bis] 
  - #1502 Consider better specifying document.cookie serialization (3 by annevk, miketaylr)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1502 [6265bis] 
  - #1418 RFC 6265bis does not specify what happens when an existing cookie is no longer valid (1 by sbingler)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1418 [6265bis] 
  - #1399 RFC 6265bis: Set-Cookie parsing algorithm should enforce more of the syntax requirements (2 by miketaylr, recvfrom)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1399 [6265bis] 
  - #1394 digest headers: HTTP Digest Algorithm Values registration rules (1 by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1394 [digest-headers] 
  - #1332 rfc6265bis empty domain attribute (2 by miketaylr)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1332 [6265bis] 
  - #1288 "Site for cookies" handling for service workers (2 by annevk, miketaylr)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1288 [6265bis] 
  - #1210 Note that cookie serialisation algorithm may produce output that doesn't match cookie-string (1 by miketaylr)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1210 [6265bis] 
  - #1073 [rfc6265bis] Cookie parser - UTF-8 chars (2 by arichiv, miketaylr)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1073 [6265bis] 

  2 issues closed:
  - When SETTING deprecate H2 priority, is extensible priority mandatory? https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1679 [priorities] [discuss] 
  - Intro and abstract can be editorialized for clarity https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1703 [h3-websockets] 

Pull requests
-------------
* httpwg/http-extensions (+9/-6/💬4)
  9 pull requests submitted:
  - [WIP] priority acknowledgements (by LPardue)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1708 [priorities] 
  - SETTINGS_NO_RFC7540_PRIORITIES (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1706 [priorities] 
  - don't require that extensible priorities is used (by LPardue)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1705 
  - Editorial tweak to the abstract (by RyanTheOptimist)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1704 
  - Don't shout about SETTINGs (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1702 [h3-websockets] 
  - Remove unneeded MESSAGING references. (by ioggstream)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1699 
  - Editorial follow-up from 1601 (alternative to 1688) (by kazuho)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1697 
  - Fix nits from mbishop (by ioggstream)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1695 
  - Editorial follow-up from 1601 (by ianswett)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1688 

  2 pull requests received 4 new comments:
  - #1706 SETTINGS_NO_RFC7540_PRIORITIES (2 by LPardue, kazuho)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1706 [priorities] 
  - #1702 Don't shout about SETTINGs (2 by LPardue, martinthomson)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1702 [h3-websockets] 

  6 pull requests merged:
  - Editorial follow-up from 1601 (alternative to 1688)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1697 
  - don't require that extensible priorities is used
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1705 
  - SETTINGS_NO_RFC7540_PRIORITIES
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1706 [priorities] 
  - Don't shout about SETTINGs
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1702 [h3-websockets] 
  - Editorial tweak to the abstract
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1704 [h3-websockets] 
  - Fix nits from mbishop
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1695 

* httpwg/http2-spec (+4/-1/💬3)
  4 pull requests submitted:
  - Manually add quotes to important strings (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec/pull/972 
  - Registry names (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec/pull/971 
  - Only update registries that refer to RFC 7540 (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec/pull/970 
  - Use past tense to refer to RFC 8740 (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec/pull/969 

  2 pull requests received 3 new comments:
  - #971 Registry names (2 by martinthomson, mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec/pull/971 
  - #970 Only update registries that refer to RFC 7540 (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec/pull/970 

  1 pull requests merged:
  - Use past tense to refer to RFC 8740
    https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec/pull/969 

Repositories tracked by this digest:
-----------------------------------
* https://github.com/httpwg/http-core
* https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions
* https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec