Subject: Weekly github digest (HTTP Activity Summary)

From: Repository Activity Summary Bot <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2021 07:38:38 +0000

Events without label "editorial"

Issues
------
* httpwg/http-core (+1/-0/💬1)
  1 issues created:
  - Some values potentially missing from the IANA Field Name Registry (by DavidSchinazi)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/984 

  1 issues received 1 new comments:
  - #984 Some values potentially missing from the IANA Field Name Registry (1 by reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/984 

* httpwg/http-extensions (+7/-9/💬31)
  7 issues created:
  - WebSockets supports indication in HTTPS RR (by ddragana)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1750 
  - PRIORITY_UPDATE buffer limits need stronger advice (by LPardue)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1747 
  - QUERY should describe use of Content-Location field (by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1745 [safe-method-w-body] 
  - A cookie with `domain=.` should be rejected (by miketaylr)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1744 [6265bis] 
  - Should invalid priority field value in PRIORITY_UPDATE frames cause a connection error? (by LPardue)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1741 [priorities] 
  - Priorities: too unreliable (by kixelated)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1739 
  - Interaction with caching (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1736 [client-cert-field] 

  9 issues received 31 new comments:
  - #1750 WebSockets supports indication in HTTPS RR (3 by LPardue, davidben, ddragana)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1750 
  - #1747 PRIORITY_UPDATE buffer limits need stronger advice (9 by LPardue, RyanTheOptimist, kazuho, martinthomson)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1747 [priorities] 
  - #1744 A cookie with `domain=.` should be rejected (1 by miketaylr)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1744 [6265bis] 
  - #1741 Should invalid priority field value in PRIORITY_UPDATE frames cause a connection error? (5 by LPardue, kazuho)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1741 [priorities] 
  - #1739 Priorities: too unreliable (4 by LPardue, kixelated)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1739 
  - #1734 Priorities: intermediaries without priority support (3 by LPardue, martinthomson)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1734 [priorities] 
  - #1733 Priorities: new parameters (4 by LPardue, kixelated)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1733 [priorities] 
  - #1715 Intermediaries modifying Priority header fields (1 by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1715 [priorities] 
  - #1606 Parsing as Structured Fields: MAY or SHOULD? (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1606 [targeted-cc] 

  9 issues closed:
  - A cookie with `domain=.` should be rejected https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1744 [6265bis] 
  - Priorities: new parameters https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1733 [priorities] 
  - Priorities: intermediaries without priority support https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1734 [priorities] 
  - Security considerations only casts shade on RFC 7540 https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1724 [priorities] 
  - Parsing as Structured Fields: MAY or SHOULD? https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1606 [targeted-cc] 
  - what method name to use https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1614 [safe-method-w-body] 
  - Recommending round-robin is too much https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1723 [priorities] 
  - Hope is not a strategy https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1719 [priorities] 
  - parameter consistency https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1639 [proxy-status] 

Pull requests
-------------
* httpwg/http-extensions (+8/-7/💬14)
  8 pull requests submitted:
  - Rearrange introductory text (by LPardue)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1752 
  - fix IETF area (by reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1751 
  - don't close connection due to SF parse failure (by LPardue)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1748 [priorities] 
  - Content-Location with QUERY (by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1746 [safe-method-w-body] 
  - Focus on incremental serving sharing rather than a round-robin crutch (by LPardue)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1742 [priorities] 
  - Simplify RFC 7540 mentions, signpost local considerations (by LPardue)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1740 
  - SEARCH -> QUERY (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1738 
  - Caching subsection (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1737 

  7 pull requests received 14 new comments:
  - #1748 don't close connection due to SF parse failure (1 by kazuho)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1748 [priorities] 
  - #1746 Content-Location with QUERY (2 by MikeBishop, mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1746 [safe-method-w-body] 
  - #1737 Caching subsection (3 by MikeBishop, mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1737 
  - #1735 expand why and when intermediaries can might want to use a frame (1 by LPardue)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1735 [priorities] 
  - #1732 Standardize maximum Expires/Max-Age (5 by arichiv, chlily1, martinthomson, miketaylr, sbingler)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1732 
  - #1725 Relax requirements of NO_RFC7540 setting receiver (1 by wtarreau)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1725 [priorities] 
  - #1720 The server doesn't override priority (1 by LPardue)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1720 [priorities] 

  7 pull requests merged:
  - fix IETF area
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1751 
  - refactor priority parameters and Priority header bits
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1731 [priorities] 
  - Simplify RFC 7540 mentions, signpost local considerations
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1740 [priorities] 
  - SEARCH -> QUERY
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1738 
  - Focus on incremental serving sharing rather than a round-robin crutch
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1742 [priorities] 
  - reword the prose about concurrent incremental requests
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1727 [priorities] 
  - Tweak param language
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1640 [proxy-status] 

Repositories tracked by this digest:
-----------------------------------
* https://github.com/httpwg/http-core
* https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions
* https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec