Subject: Re: I-D Action: draft-ietf-httpbis-safe-method-w-body-01.txt

From: Stephane Bortzmeyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2021 21:42:39 +0100

On Tue, Jun 08, 2021 at 08:25:01AM -0700,
 [email-masked] <[email-masked]> wrote 
 a message of 37 lines which said:

>         Title           : HTTP SEARCH Method
>         Authors         : Julian Reschke
>                           Ashok Malhotra
>                           James M Snell
> 	Filename        : draft-ietf-httpbis-safe-method-w-body-01.txt

Not a big deal, but I made a small implementation of SEARCH to check
that the draft was clear (it is). It should be compliant with
draft-ietf-httpbis-safe-method-w-body-01, do not hesitate to report
discrepancies.

You can try it at <https://www.bortzmeyer.org/methodsearch>, body must
be text/plain, it searches in my blog. Example:

curl -X SEARCH -H "Content-Type: text/plain" -d musiani https://www.bortzmeyer.org/methodsearch

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2021 05:47:11 +0100

> curl -X SEARCH -H "Content-Type: text/plain" -d musiani https://www.bortzmeyer.org/methodsearch

Hi Stephane,

awesome.

But please note that we have a change in the next draft that will change
the method name to "QUERY" (see
<https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1614>).

Best regards, Julian