Subject: Announcements

From: Dan Romascanu <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 20:04:42 +0200

Congratulations to the WG and special thanks to our Editor, John Flick,
whose diligence and dedication made this possible. 

Best Regards, Dan

 <<Protocol Action: Definitions of Managed Objects for IEEE 802.3 Medium
Attachment Units (MAUs) to Proposed Standard>>  <<Protocol Action:
Definitions of Managed Objects for the Ethernet-like Interface Types to
Proposed Standard>> 

Subject: Protocol Action: Definitions of Managed Objects for IEEE 802.3 Me dium Attachment Units (MAUs) to Proposed Standard
From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
To: "\"reebok.rose.hp.com;!IETF-Announce\"" <"reebok.rose.hp.com;!IETF-Announce":;>, @[email-masked]@emsr1.emsr.lucent.com
Cc: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>, Internet Architecture Board <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 21:06:25 +0200

The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft 'Definitions of Managed
Objects for IEEE 802.3 Medium Attachment Units (MAUs)'
<draft-ietf-hubmib-mau-mib-v2-04.txt> as a Proposed Standard.  This
document is the product of the Ethernet Interfaces and Hub MIB Working
Group.  The IESG contact persons are Bert Wijnen and Randy Bush.

Technical Summary
 
 This memo defines a portion of the Management Information Base (MIB)
 for use with network management protocols in the Internet community.
 This memo obsoletes RFC 2239, ''Definitions of Managed Objects for
 IEEE 802.3 Medium Attachment Units (MAUs) using SMIv2''.  This memo
 extends that specification by including management information useful
 for the management of 1000 Mb/s MAUs.

 Ethernet technology, as defined by the 802.3 Working Group of the
 IEEE, continues to evolve, with scalable increases in speed, new
 types of cabling and interfaces, and new features.  This evolution
 may require changes in the managed objects in order to reflect this
 new functionality.  This document, as with other documents issued by
 this working group, reflects a certain stage in the evolution of
 Ethernet technology.  In the future, this document might be revised,
 or new documents might be issued by the Ethernet Interfaces and Hub
 MIB Working Group, in order to reflect the evolution of Ethernet
 technology.

Working Group Summary

 This document represents the consensus of the HUBMIB WG.

Protocol Quality

 The document was reviewd for the IESG by Shawn Routhier.

Subject: Protocol Action: Definitions of Managed Objects for the Ethernet- like Interface Types to Proposed Standard
From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
To: "\"reebok.rose.hp.com;!IETF-Announce\"" <"reebok.rose.hp.com;!IETF-Announce":;>, @[email-masked]@emsr1.emsr.lucent.com
Cc: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>, Internet Architecture Board <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 21:06:16 +0200

The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft Definitions of Managed Objects
for the Ethernet-like Interface Types
<draft-ietf-hubmib-etherif-mib-v2-04.txt> as a Proposed Standard. This
document obsoletes RFC2358, currently a Proposed Standard.

The IESG also approved the Internet-Draft Definitions of Object
Identifiers for Identifying Ethernet Chip Sets
<draft-ietf-hubmib-ether-chipsets-02.txt> as an Informational RFC.

These documents are the product of the Ethernet Interfaces and Hub MIB
Working Group.  The IESG contact persons are Bert Wijnen and Randy
Bush.

Technical Summary
 
  This memo defines a portion of the Management Information Base (MIB)
  for use with network management protocols in the Internet community.
  This memo obsoletes RFC 2358 ''Definitions of Managed Objects for the
  Ethernet-like Interface Types''.  This memo extends that
  specification by including management information useful for the
  management of 1000 Mb/s and full-duplex Ethernet interfaces.

  Ethernet technology, as defined by the 802.3 Working Group of the
  IEEE, continues to evolve, with scalable increases in speed, new
  types of cabling and interfaces, and new features.  This evolution
  may require changes in the managed objects in order to reflect this
  new functionality.  This document, as with other documents issued by
  this working group, reflects a certain stage in the evolution of
  Ethernet technology.  In the future, this document might be revised,
  or new documents might be issued by the Ethernet Interfaces and Hub
  MIB Working Group, in order to reflect the evolution of Ethernet
  technology.

Working Group Summary

 These documents represent the consensus of the HUBMIB WG.

Protocol Quality

 These documents were reviewd for the IESG by Shawn Routhier