Subject: EC Online Newsletter

From: EC Online <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 20:22:57 -0400 (EDT)

============================================================
EC Online Newsletter
Volume 1   Issue 1
Thursday, September 23, 1999
============================================================

Welcome to the first EC Online newsletter.  EC Online features items of great
interest to persons involved in or connected to the electrical contracting
profession.  Look below for articles and products featured on EConline.
Upcoming articles will deal with legal issues surrounding contracting in
today's litigious environment.  Also, look for articles dealing strictly with
the National Electrical Code (NEC).

******** NATIONAL SPONSOR ********

The 9.99% fixed Bank One Platinum Business Card Visa. No annual fee and up
to $25,000 line of credit. Track expenses, simplify tax reporting, and
streamline your finances. Apply online by visiting:
http://app1.firstusa.com/card.cfm/XPL6UBC13/6B3Z

****** FEATURED ARTICLES selected by Jerry Borland ******	

1) Charting the Path to Successful Project Management – PERT Diagrams (Part 1)
2) National Electrical Code (NEC)—Is it a Design or Safety Guide?
3) Project Concerned More with Quality, Not Cost

------------------------------------------------------------

1) Charting the Path to Successful Project Management – PERT Diagrams (Part 1)
Being a successful project manager requires extensive knowledge of the project
and good organizational skills.  What organizational skills should you employ?
This article discusses PERT diagrams.

http://www2.econline.com/read/nl19990922/12130

2) National Electrical Code (NEC)—Is it a Design or Safety Guide?
The existence of the NEC dates back roughly 100 years. For the past 60 or so
years, the scope of the NEC was for the practical safeguarding of persons and
property, not to act as a design guide. However, most designers, installers and
inspectors use it as a design guide.

http://www2.econline.com/read/nl19990922/12139

3) Project Concerned More with Quality, Not Cost
Have you ever wondered what it would be like to work on a project where cost
was not the primary concern? These types of projects are rare. However, this
author found such a project. It is the Stowers Institute for Medical Research
project in Kansas City, MO.

http://www2.econline.com/read/nl19990922/12140

******** EDITOR'S CHOICE PRODUCTS ********

1) Advanced Tracers
2) Automated Test Tool
3) Cable Puller

------------------------------------------------------------

1) Advanced Tracers
Designed to handle the majority of tracing applications, the AT-2000 series of
advanced tracers offer three different technologies in one multi-purpose
instrument. -- Amprobe, Lynbrook, NY

http://www2.econline.com/read/nl19990922/12141

2) Automated Test Tool
An automated test tool for frame relay installation and troubleshooting
automatically determines frame relay and line configurations, provides a one-
button AutoTest to replace multiple-step provisioning procedures, and enables
the frontline technician to run IP tests with no prior knowledge of IP
technology. -- Fluke Corporation, Everett, WA

http://www2.econline.com/read/nl19990922/12143

3) Cable Puller
The Li’l Tugger Cable Puller takes much of the time and physical strain out of
long, difficult wire pulls normally done by hand. The puller can reduce job
costs to a fraction of what’s required when pulling by hand, says the company.
-- Greenlee Textron, Rockford, Illinois

http://www2.econline.com/read/nl19990922/12144

******** COMPANY AND PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT ********

Palm International, Inc. is a multifaceted company engaged in nickel and rare
earth chemical manufacture. The company is active in the metal finishing
industry, but also supplies products for the catalyst, battery, electronics and
porcelain industries. Visit Palm International, Inc. at: http://www.palminc.com/

******** ADVERTISEMENT ********

click2learn.com is a revolutionary new learning portal providing professional
education and training by automating the creation, delivery, tracking and
access to a wide variety of off-the-shelf and unique web-based content.
http://www.click2learn.com

******** ADVERTISEMENT ********

The award winning My Lycos is the fast and easy-to-use start page -
providing you with personalized news, weather, stock quotes, horoscopes,
weather, sports scores and more.  Try it now - http://my.lycos.com.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

If you enjoy reading EC Online's Newsletter, please tell a
friend or colleague about it.  Anyone can sign up for a free
subscription on our Web site at http://www.econline.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------

If you're a company that wishes to sponsor this newsletter, please
contact Dave Demey at mailto:[email-masked] to learn more.

==========================================================

If you wish to unsubscribe, please go to the following web page:
http://www2.econline.com/content/newsletter/unsubscribe.asp

==========================================================
The EC Online Homepage: http://www.econline.com

(c) Copyright 1999 VerticalNet, Inc. All rights reserved. All
product names contained herein are the trademarks of their
respective holders.