Subject: EC Online Newsletter

From: EC Online <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 22:10:11 -0400 (EDT)

============================================================
EConline Newsletter
Volume 1   Issue 2
Thursday, September 30, 1999
============================================================

The 1999 National Electrical Contractor's Association (NECA) Show (October 24 -
26, 1999) is just under a month away.  Watch EC Online for NECA Show product
announcements and daily coverage of the NECA Show.

******** NATIONAL SPONSOR ********

The 9.99% fixed Bank One Platinum Business Card Visa. No annual fee and up
to $25,000 line of credit. Track expenses, simplify tax reporting, and
streamline your finances. Apply online by visiting:
http://app1.firstusa.com/card.cfm/XPL6UBC13/6B3Z

******** FEATURED ARTICLES selected by Jerry Borland *******

1) A Second Report on the 1999 Construction Outlook

------------------------------------------------------------

1) A Second Report on the 1999 Construction Outlook
Construction activity, as usual, will follow behind the economy, and will ease
into a cooling mode. Coming off 1998’s record highs, construction in 1999 will
be relatively flat, with a few new records but also a few second-bests.

http://www2.econline.com/read/nl19990927/12659

******** EDITOR'S CHOICE PRODUCTS ********

1) Glare-Free Security Lighting
2) Armored Cable Cutter
3) Fiber Splice Closures

------------------------------------------------------------

1) Glare-Free Security Lighting
The Circular Ceiling/Soffit Mount security light (CE2 Series) is suitable for
area and accent lighting.  The internal reflector and 360° shroud combine to
provide precise downward distribution and maximum cutoff suitable for exterior
retail, industrial and commercial applications. -- Ruud Lighting, Racine, WI

http://www2.econline.com/read/nl19990927/12660

2) Armored Cable Cutter
The ACC Armored Cable Cutter is one tool for 3/8 in. to 3/4 in. flexible
armored conduit and fits 14/2 to 4/3 AWG AC, MC, HCF, BX and 3/4 in. Greenfield
cables.  Turning the crank handle on the ACC produces a clean cut through the
armor casing. -- Ripley Company, Cromwell, CT

http://www2.econline.com/read/nl19990927/12662

3) Fiber Splice Closures
CableTyte fiber optic splice closures provide protection in aerial, underground
and pedestal applications.  They accommodate various fiber counts and are
designed for easy installation and re-entry without the need for special tools.
-- Tyton Hellermann

http://www2.econline.com/read/nl19990927/12664

******** COMPANY AND PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT ********

Palm International, Inc. is a multifaceted company engaged in nickel and rare
earth chemical manufacture. The company is active in the metal finishing
industry, but also supplies products for the catalyst, battery, electronics and
porcelain industries. Visit Palm International, Inc. at: http://www.palminc.com/

******** ADVERTISEMENT ********

The award winning My Lycos is the fast and easy-to-use start page -
providing you with personalized news, weather, stock quotes, horoscopes,
weather, sports scores and more.  Try it now - http://my.lycos.com.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

If you enjoy reading EC Online's Newsletter, please tell a
friend or colleague about it.  Anyone can sign up for a free
subscription on our Web site at http://www.econline.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------

If you're a company that wishes to sponsor this newsletter, please
contact Steve Kraut at mailto:[email-masked] to learn more.

==========================================================

If you wish to unsubscribe, please go to the following web page:
http://www2.econline.com/content/newsletter/unsubscribe.asp

==========================================================
The EC Online Homepage: http://www.econline.com

(c) Copyright 1999 VerticalNet, Inc. All rights reserved. All
product names contained herein are the trademarks of their
respective holders.