Subject: [Hubmib] Ethernet Interfaces and Hub MIB WG Agenda for Minneapolis

From: Dan Romascanu <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 19:15:13 +0200

Ethernet Interfaces and Hub MIB WG

THURSDAY, March 22, 2001 17:30 - 19:30

CHAIR: Dan Romascanu - [email-masked]

DESCRIPTION

The Ethernet Interfaces and Hub MIB WG is Chartered to define a set of
managed objects that instrument devices (repeaters, MAUs, interfaces) that
conform to
the IEEE 802.3 standard for Ethernet. This set of objects should be largely
compliant with, and even draw from IEEE 802.3, although there is no
requirement that any specific object be present or absent. The MIB object
definitions produced will be for use by SNMP and will be adequately
consistent with other SNMP objects, standards and conventions. 

The goal of the meeting is to discuss new working items and possible
re-chartering of the Working Group.

AGENDA

1. Introduction, Agenda bashing (5 min)
2. Status of the Working Group (10 min)
3. Status of the IEEE 802.3 WG (15 min)
4. 10 Gbps Ethernet Management - 802.3 ae (20 min)
5. Power Ethernet management - 802.3af (20 min) 
6. RFC 2665 Editorial Issues (10 min)
7. Discussions, Working Group  Actions, new Charter (if relevant) (40 min)

READING

1. IEEE 802.3ae Draft D2.1
2. IEEE 802.3af Draft D1.1
3. draft-romascanu-hubmib-power-ethernet-mib-00.txt
4. RFC 2665

The IEEE documents at #1 and #2 are accessible from the IEEE Web site - but
are located in protected areas. The Working group members may approach by
e-mail the chair for the user names and passwords to access these documents.

_______________________________________________
Hubmib mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/hubmib