Subject: [Hubmib] Hub MIb WG Meeting at Mineapolis

From: Dan Romascanu <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2001 16:39:56 +0200

The Ethernet Interfaces and Hub MIB Working Group has a new list -
[email-masked]. Hopefully, this is the last time when I need to abuse other
friendly SNMP lists. Everybody who is interested in joining the Ethernet
MIBs work is invited to join our list. If you did not receive a message from
[email-masked] by yesterday, you probably would like to subscribe
again.

This is a good moment to thank HP for hosting our e-mail list for so many
years, and to John Flick for administrating this list for that long.

We will meet in Minneapolis for one 2 hours meeting. Exact day and time is
not yet known. The agenda will be dedicated to new Ethernet MIBs work, and
might result in a request to update the Working Group charter. As I already
wrote in a previous mail, the possible candidates for new work are:

- extensions of the current documents or new documents for management of 10
Gbps Ethernet Interfaces - as per the work in the IEEE 802.3ae Working Group
- new document for Powered Ethernet Management MIB - as per work in the IEEE
802.3af Working Group

We also intent to discuss advancement of current documents on the Standards
track.

I received some mails from individuals who expressed the interest in
participating in the work, but the list is still open. Proposals for
contributions and items for the agenda of the meeting are welcome. Best
format for contributions is obviously Internet-Drafts, but I will not be
extremely rigorous about this because we are at about two weeks before the
cut-off date.

The IESG has established for our Working Group a liaison mechanism with the
IEEE 802.3 Working Group, by which the hubmib WG members can obtain access
to the working documents of the IEEE for the purpose of the working on the
Ethernet MIBs. According to the terms of our agreement with the IEEE 802.3,
this information will be provided on request, on individual basis. Please
send me an e-mail if you are interested in using this mechanism.

See you in Minneapolis. 

Regards,

Dan

_______________________________________________
Hubmib mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/hubmib