Subject: [Hubmib] Submission of <draft-ietf-hubmib-1643-to-historic-01.txt>

From: "C. M. Heard" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 12:33:42 -0700 (PDT)

Greetings,

Based on comments received from our AD, Bert Wijnen, an updated
Internet Draft <draft-ietf-hubmib-1643-to-historic-01.txt> has
been submitted to the I-D repository.  It is not available yet,
but it should be available within a day or two.  The changes,
relative to the -00 version, are as follows:

1.)  The title has been changed from "Request to Move RFC 1643 to
Historic Status" to "Applicability Statement for Reclassification
of RFC 1643 to Historic Status."

2.)  The abstract has been shortened and no longer repeats details
that are available in the text.

3.)  Section 1 adds some additional rationale for reclassification to
Historic, specifically:  (1) it is pointed out that RFC 1650, the SMIv2
equivalent to RFC 1643, was retired in 1998;  and (2) it is noted that
EtherLike-MIB versions that postdate RFC 1643 and RFC 1650 levy a
requirement, not present in those documents, for implementations of the
EtherLike-MIB to support the MAU-MIB.

4.)  All occurrences of "EthernetLike-MIB" have been  changed to
"EtherLike-MIB".

5.)  The reference section has been updated and expanded and has been
retitled "Normative References".

Mike

_______________________________________________
Hubmib mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/hubmib