Subject: [Hubmib] New WIS MIB draft now available

From: "C. M. Heard" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2003 08:08:06 -0800 (PST)

Hub MIB and AToM MIB WG members,

The latest WIS MIB draft, which was submitted on 17 March 2003, is
now available at

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-hubmib-wis-mib-07.txt

The I-D actually made its appearance in the repository before the
official announcement, which can be expected to arrive shortly.

Here is what has changed since the previous version:

1.) The prerequisite external compliance statements
(IF-MIB.ifCompliance3, IF-INVERTED-STACK-MIB.ifInvCompliance,
EtherLike-MIB.dot3Compliance2, and MAU-MIB.mauModIfCompl3) are now
listed explicitly in the etherWisCompliance DESCRIPTION clause.

2.) The OBJECT clauses for etherWisDeviceTxTestPatternMode and
etherWisDeviceRxTestPatternMode no longer state that an
implementation is not required to support certain combinations of
settings because the Clause 45 MDIO registers do not, in fact,
impose any inter-dependencies in the settings.

3.) The dates in the LAST-UPDATED and REVISION clauses of the
MODULE-IDENTITY invocation were changed to the current date.

4.) References [ETHERIF] and [MAU-MIB] were updated to point to
<draft-ietf-hubmib-etherif-mib-v3-03.txt> and
<draft-ietf-hubmib-mau-mib-v3-03.txt>, respectively.

Note that change #1 brings the document into compliance with the
recently issued MIB review guidelines document
<draft-ietf-ops-mib-review-guidelines-01.txt> (which postdates the
-06 version of the ETHER-WIS MIB) and that change #2 undoes an
erroneous modification that was introduced into the -05 version.

As I've noted before the following three normative references
need to be progressed to Proposed Standard or higher prior to or
simultaneously with the WIS MIB document in order for it to be
published as an RFC:

[SONETng]   Tesink, K., "Definitions of Managed Objects for the
            SONET/SDH Interface Type", <draft-ietf-atommib-rfc2558bis-
            01.txt>, work in progress.

[ETHERIF]   Flick, J., "Definitions of Managed Objects for the
            Ethernet-like Interface Types", <draft-ietf-hubmib-etherif-
            mib-v3-03.txt>, work in progress.

[MAU-MIB]   Flick, J., "Definitions of Managed Objects for IEEE 802.3
            Medium Attachment Units (MAUs)", <draft-ietf-hubmib-mau-
            mib-v3-03.txt>, work in progress.

The IETF last call on [SONETng] recently expired and it is now in
the "waiting for writeup" state.  [ETHERIF] and [MAU-MIB] were
recently updated to address A-D review comments, and I believe this
means that the document package consisting of [ETHERIF], [MAU-MIB],
this submission, and draft-ietf-hubmib-1643-to-historic-01.txt is
ready for the next step.

Thanks and regards,

Mike
--
C. M. Heard
[email-masked]

_______________________________________________
Hubmib mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/hubmib