Subject: RE: [Hubmib] comments on draft-ietf-hubmib-efm-cu-mib-02.txt

From: "Edward Beili" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 18:37:32 +0200

Dan,
Thanks for your comments. See below my answers.

Regards,
-Edward

-----Original Message-----
>From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of Romascanu, Dan (Dan)
>Sent: Thursday, January 20, 2005 1:52 PM
>To: [email-masked]
>Subject: [Hubmib] comments on draft-ietf-hubmib-efm-cu-mib-02.txt
>
>Please find below my comments relative to draft-ietf-hubmib-efm-cu-mib-02.txt. All last call comments need to be addressed by the document editor. 
> 
>Regards,
>Dan
> 
> 
>idnits errors:
>
>idnits 1.58 
>
>tmp/draft-ietf-hubmib-efm-cu-mib-02.txt:
>
>tmp/draft-ietf-hubmib-efm-cu-mib-02.txt(232): Line has weird spacing: '...=10Mbps  ifSpe...'
>
>tmp/draft-ietf-hubmib-efm-cu-mib-02.txt(235): Line has weird spacing: '...100Mbps  ifSpe...'
>
>tmp/draft-ietf-hubmib-efm-cu-mib-02.txt(3181): Line seems to end with a hyphenated word.
>
>  Checking nits according to http://www.ietf.org/ID-Checklist.html :
>  * The document seems to lack an IANA Considerations section.

[EB] IANA considerations section is added. All IDNITS errors are fixed.

>Technical
>
>T1. Objects with read-write MAX-ACCESS like efmCuPAFAdminState need
>to have a DEFAULT value defined by using the DEFAULT clause in order
>to define the behavior of the agent at initialization. Also if the
>values of such objects need to be preserved in case of reboots, this
>also needs to be mentioned.

[EB] I'll try to come up with some default values. A note is added
that all read-write/read-create objects are persistent. 

>T2. The technical content of the specification does not seem
>stable. There are several editor notes reflecting open questions, or
>places where the editor believes that there is a need to add more
>information. These editor notes need to be replaced by meaningful
>text and proposals for resolution of the open items, before the
>document is submitted to the IESG.

[EB] All editor notes would be removed or replaced by some text.

>Editorial
>
>E1. Wherever there is mention of a specific MIB the correct
>terminology is 'MIB module' and not 'MIB'. There are many instances
>of such occurrences. For example in the abstract section, instead of
>'This document proposes an extension to the Ethernet-like Interfaces
>MIB and MAU MIB' should be 'This document proposes an extension to
>the Ethernet-like Interfaces MIB and MAU MIB modules'. The title of
>section 3 should be 'Relation to other MIB modules' instead of
>'Relation to other MIBs', etc., etc.

[EB] Done.

>E2. Several DESCRIPTION clauses of objects in the efmCuPmeConftable
>end with the phrase 'Value of false(0) indicates the it is disabled.'
>which is syntactically incorrect.

[EB] Corrected. Also replaced truth(1) and false(0) with true(1) and false(2)

>E3. Commented text on enumerated values like in the definition of
>efmCuPmeOperStatus is not recommended and not necessary, as the
>DESCRIPTION clause below should specify the meaning of each one of
>the values

[EB] all commented text on enumerated values is removed.

>E4. No need for commented leftovers like in the definition of
>efmCuAlarmConfGroup.

[EB] All commented leftovers would be removed or uncommented.

_______________________________________________
Hubmib mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/hubmib