Subject: [Hubmib] wg chair change

From: "Romascanu, Dan \(Dan\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 11:41:19 +0200

Hubmib-ers,

I would like to announce the Operations and Management Area Directors
decision effective immediately to appoint a new chair for the Ethernet
Interfaces and Hub MIB WG. The new chair of the WG is Bert Wijnen, who
all of you know very well. 

Frankly speaking I was hoping that we would be done by now. It became
clear however during the last few months that despite recent progress
everybody's busy schedules are preventing us from completing the work.
My own budget of time since I became an Area Director became a problem
by itself, and it's time for a change. I am confident that Bert will
guide us all towards fast completion. It should not be too long before
we drink the champagne of the victory. 

Last but most important, it was a pleasure to work with you all during
this long period together, and I will continue to participate in the
work as a contributor and support it as co-AD. 

Dan

_______________________________________________
Hubmib mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/hubmib

---

From: "Wijnen, Bert (Bert)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 11:49:47 +0200

Dan and David,

Thanks for trusting me in this new "job". 
I will try to guide the WG "closer to the end" instead of
"just farther from the beginning" (Mike O'Dell). 

Let me start with thanking Dan for steering/guiding the WG over
those many years he was WG chair. Agreed that it would have been 
better if we would have been able to close the WG upon completing
the current set of documents. But over the years, the WG has delivered
quite a set of documents, and we owe Dan for leading us to those
results. We will try to follow in his footsteps and get the work
completed "soon".

More later,

Bert

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Romascanu, Dan (Dan) [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Monday, October 16, 2006 11:41
> To: IETF Hub MIB Working Group
> Cc: Wijnen, Bert (Bert); David Kessens
> Subject: [Hubmib] wg chair change 
> 
> 
> 
> Hubmib-ers,
>