Subject: [hybi] [Fwd: Re: HyBi breakfast BOF?]

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 13:47:22 -0600

FYI (from [email-masked])...

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: HyBi breakfast BOF?
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 17:00:46 -0600
From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
References: <[email-masked]>

On 3/25/09 11:13 AM, =JeffH wrote:

> A summary to this list would be nice if someone would be so kind.

Here goes...

Participants:

Joe Hildebrand
Markus Isomaki
Salvatore Loreto
Alexey Melnikov
Mark Nottingham
Peter Saint-Andre
Martin Thomson

Conclusions:

Broad consensus that it would be valuable to hold a BOF on this topic at
a future IETF meeting.

Possible I-Ds:

1. Best Practices. Topics might include: how to do framing, what kind of
connection methods are appropriate, the security considerations to
address, the relationship of these technologies to the browser security
model, the need to minimize the impact on Internet infrastructure with
respect to bandwidth usage and architectural sanity, etc.

2. Use Cases. Explore how existing technologies are being used, the
design decisions that made these uses possible, etc.

3. Requirements. If the IETF were to take on work in this space, what
requirements would guide the work?

4. Connection Semantics. This might take the form of an HTTP extension
for long polling, including request tracking, duplication and retry
methods, architecture(s), rendezvous logic between browser, "proxy", and
backend application server, addressing (including possibly the use of
URI templates).

(Naturally, it's possible that some of these topics would be folded into
fewer than four documents.)

I'd appreciate it if those who were there could let me know what I've
missed.

Peter

-- 
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/